Ask a Seinfeld fan!

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by Ralph, May 14, 2003.

1. Ralph

Ralph Remember...it's for fun!

I named one of my buildings after the famous Vandelay Industries that George Costanza claimed he worked for. My version is just as fictional. :) Any one else have a sign or other feature on their layout that gives visitors the giggles?
    Ralph

Attached Files:

2. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

Who or what is Seinfeld?
  3. Ralph

Hi Tyson,

I'm only about four years late with this gag since the show aired its last episode. Seinfeld was one of the biggest sitcoms of the 90's following the antics of a self absorbed group of friends in NYC. One of them, George, kept lying to the unemployment office by claiming that he had an interview with Vandelay Industries to be a latex salesman. Cudos to you for having better things to do than sit in front of the tube! :D
    Ralph
  4. Tyson Rayles

Well I do watch news and weather. Once in awhile a movie or sporting event.
  5. Vic

Vic Active Member

Hi Ralph....The Soup Nazi says..." No Soup For You Today!"... LOL!!
    :D :D :D :D :D
  6. Ralph

Hee-hee! Thanks Vic! "No soup...one year!!" :D

Well, it looks like Seinfeld isn't inspiring folks to share the humorous stuff on their layouts...maybe a twist on a more current show will do the trick.....

This billboard will be going up on the roof of a bar on my layout.

Ralph

Attached Files:

7. Ralph

Oh, I should mention that my wife came up with the punny name.
  8. Tyson Rayles

I guess I need to get out more :D cause I don't get this one either :confused:
  9. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

Ralph - ROFLMAO -- Excellant - I can see George running outta the Bathroom - VANDELAY!!! ANSWER VANDELAY!!!

With his pants around his ankles -- TOO GOOD -

Mike Ra Fony??????

ROFL

Great stuff Sir!!!!!!!!!
  10. nhguy

nhguy Member

Re: Ask a Seinfeld Fan

Well on my railroad there is a plumbing company called: Stu Pidashole's Plumbing. "All your plumbing done by....Stu Pidashole's" Bill S.
  11. Vic

Vic Active Member

Tyson, I kinda lost too:eek: .....WAIT!!!....is that the collard green patch I see over there?:D ..... Now I can find my way back to the house!!:D :D :p
  12. Vic

Vic Active Member

Oh Now I get it!!!.....MICROPHONE....SPEAK UP.....Jeez these meds work fast:D :D :D
  13. Tyson Rayles

Duh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
  14. Ralph

Vic, you got it! Thank you! Nothing's less funny than having to explain a joke! :)
    Ralph
  15. Drew1125

Drew1125 Active Member

Ralph,
    These are great!
    I always remember the MR & RMC articles by the late great Art Curren...he always had great names for his structures...Hardly Able Mfg, Perry Shibble Produce, A. Frugil Co., Cramdin Storage, & lots more I can't remember...
    There's also the "Car Talk" guys on public radio, who have this amazing list of credits at the end of every show...Their attornys are named Dewey, Cheatum & Howe...their statistician is named Marge Inovera...their seat ccushion tester is named Mike Easter...Their chauffer is named Piccop Andropov...& there's more of those too that I can't remember! :D :D :D

Hey, on the Vandelay Ind., you should add that they're into "importing/exporting"! ;) :D

Ok, this is the only thing I have that fits in here, with the sitcom theme...
    This dates back several years (the model & the show :D)...before I had a computer to make signs, & was possibly my first attempt at decaling...:eek: :D :rolleyes: :D
    This is a left-over from an old HO layout, that's still hanging around on a shelf...

Attached Files:

• s&s.jpg
      s&s.jpg
      File size:
      19.4 KB
      Views:
  16. jimmybeersa

jimmybeersa Member

Back to the top..... What kind of Latex Products??? was he selling
  17. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

I don't remember what George said they sold, but it is Moot - because it was a ficticious company George made up in the unemployment office, so he could keep getting money.

When asked where he applied for work "last week" he said Vandelay Industries & gave Jerry's phone Number. Of course it backfired when, after waiting hours in Jerry's apartment - he was "Indesposed" when they finally did call.... That's when clueless Kramer answered the phone (see my post "above" ) :) :)

Still ROFL!!!!!!!!! :D :D :eek: :D :D
  18. Ralph

Hey Jimmy, I think they intentionally kept ya guessing about the latex products to make it funnier. The final punch line had Jerry looking at George disapprovingly while he was sprawled pants-at-his-ankles on the floor and saying "So YOU want to be my latex salesman!"

Here's one last pun on a sign (another of my wife's sugestions...she's completely warped God bless her! :) ). I plan to place it on an empty lot.

Those pictured on this thread plus my Sal Monella Salvage Company will be enough joke signs for one layout. :D
    Ralph

Attached Files: