As requested.....PICS!!!

Chessie1973

Nov 22, 2003
Tacoma, Washinton
Visit site
Well I finally go the Dgicam out of the box and took some pics once the dust settled from this past weeks construction.

Here is one of my layout in its entirety, Excuse the mess it is a work in progress.

It is a 4 x 8 layout with a gently grade from to rear and a level run along the back 40.

I am using green florist foam to built up the grades and such and I will be using the plaster paper towel method to cover it all soon.

I plan to have a river with 2 lane highway following it along through the middle section.

Attachments

• model-railroad-pics-005.jpg
    model-railroad-pics-005.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 225

Chessie1973

Nov 22, 2003
Tacoma, Washinton
Visit site
Next up are a few shots of some unusual Loco's me and my Mother found on ebay and such.

First is my Bachmann Spectrum.

It is a Fairbanks Morse H16-44

Attachments

• model railroad pics 007.jpg
    model railroad pics 007.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 221

Chessie1973

Nov 22, 2003
Tacoma, Washinton
Visit site
One from the open end down the length.

This one has a pretty good view of my first attempt at the sprinkling method of doing plaster using wet paper towels and a mason jar salt shaker

Attachments

• model-railroad-pics-019.jpg
    model-railroad-pics-019.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 184

Chessie1973

Nov 22, 2003
Tacoma, Washinton
Visit site
Last one for now.

A close up of the foam track supposrts that will eventually be covered by the plaster skin of the scenery.

I put one of these at ever track joint since I am using Bachmann EZ Track

Attachments

• model railroad pics 021.jpg
    model railroad pics 021.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 178

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Very nice photos, the layout is coming along very well, like the bridge side.
:wave::thumb:
Shamus

Apr 7, 2003
Visit site
Its green florist foam. I used it in my last layout. The stuff is VERY clean when u cut it with a knife or anything. The cool yet not importent thing is it sucks water up like nothing else.

(p.s. my mom usta own a flower shop ;) :p :) )

Chessie1973

Nov 22, 2003
Tacoma, Washinton
Visit site
Yep, give the man a cigar.

Green florist foam.

Both the softer type and also the more rigid sheets.

The Camera I used was a Hewlet Packard digital Camera of my mothers that we got for her for christmas last year.

I Managed to get rid of all my cheap rolling stock and locos and I went with Athearn as my choice for most of it.

I have some P2K stuff like my Clinchfield flatcar. IWe used to live next toa clinchfield Mainline when I was little so I figured I would add in a bit of my past in my rolling stock.

I think instead of doing my custom CSX logo like I was planning I may just model transition CSX when there were still chessie painted cars and locos in the CSX fleet. That way I can do my two favorite paint schemes and still be able to find nice rolling stock.