Artilleriefährprahm Type D 3, scale 1/200

strk

Artilleriefährprahm Type D 3, scale 1/200, also known as german artillery barge type D3:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marinefährprahm

Type D3 is armed in two 10,5cm FLAK guns, two 2cm FLAK Vierling, single 3,7cm FLAK, and two 15mm HMGs. Camo scheme: Norway, I think:mrgreen:

The model is simple with box-shaped hull:

The framework is also as simple as possible:

The aft is tricky

Hull is done:

Stay tuned!

Z

Zathros

Nice STRK, I was just wondering about you. Nice to see you Batholomew! :)

lehcyfer

It's Strk project and test model. The model will be added to "Modelarstwo Okrętowe" publication.

Very interesting little ships they were...

barka.jpg

Cool, I was familiar with some of the river barges that were used to provide AA protection to bridges and manufacturing sites along waterways at the time, but had never seen any landing craft outfitted in this manner.

Z

Zathros

Cool, I was familiar with some of the river barges that were used to provide AA protection to bridges and manufacturing sites along waterways at the time, but had never seen any landing craft outfitted in this manner.

STRK is a fantastic, exceptional designer/modeler, probably the most successful person I have ever known in this field. He is also extremely kind and generous. His work is enviable, in the best sense.

strk

STRK is a fantastic, exceptional designer/modeler, probably the most successful person I have ever known in this field. He is also extremely kind and generous. His work is enviable, in the best sense.

Thank You, John for so kind words. Im little bit embarrassed:thumb:

strk

Build continuation:
Superstructure. Side edges of the deck are supported by 1mm thick cardboard. Deck is made of 180g/m2 paper with no other supporting elements:

Now, 1mm cardboard wall is hidden under the colored piece of paper

Aft deck is done the same way:

Superstructure is ready:

Z

Zathros

I wish the U.S landing craft had cover over the top like this had. It saddens me so to see what these guys went through. Love the equipment, but War sucks! :)

strk

Fortunately, AFPs and MFPs were never used the way they were intended to - to land on UK's coast.

Meanwhile, AA-gun: 4x2cm FLAK vierling

Gun mount, four bores (barrels? which is proper?)

It took one hour to complete the gun

This is how it looks:

Uh, you mean to say it took one hour of some very careful work to make that itty bitty quad! Very nice work at that as well.

As an official gun nut, it would be 4 barreled, a 4 bore is a very large gauge shot gun used by folks like Sir Stanley Baker in deepest darkest Africa back in the days of black powder.

This is coming along quickly, looking forward to more as you get it done.

strk

Uh, you mean to say it took one hour of some very careful work to make that itty bitty quad! Very nice work at that as well.

As an official gun nut, it would be 4 barreled, a 4 bore is a very large gauge shot gun used by folks like Sir Stanley Baker in deepest darkest Africa back in the days of black powder.

Thx for explanation. I have always wanted to own blackpowder sixshooter - in Europe where access to firearms is limited, b-p guns are easy available. The only question is price: hi-quality sixshooters are just expensivewall1

strk

STRK, where do you get those huge matches from!! :)

With pair of tweezers and slim fingers You dont need huge matches:mrgreen: This AA-gun looks difficult to glue, but it is not, though head magnifier can help (I'm going to have one).

Main gun 10,5cm:

Guns mounted on the deck. I also added range finder and bollards:

Z

Zathros

My wingers are extremely wide. It makes playing the Violin a bit "interesting" at times, I can just squeeze my finger and get a # note without much effort. For these small parts, I've found that I must rely upon the kindness of strangers:mrgreen:.

strk

Best violin solo ever, starts at 02:45.
[YOUTUBE]9FGxdBzjuGw[/YOUTUBE]

I regret I cant play any musical instrumet... this would be my "must play" song

Z

Zathros

My son and I play mostly Irish Jigs, and CLassical Violin. That Violin solo is deceptively siple sounding. The tonal quality he iparts to each notes, the emphasis or certain otes, e emotion that he translates through his subtle but strng vibrator is truy something enviable. This piece is what I consider the most beautiful Violin solo (with Harp accompaniment) I have ever heard, it is Fantaisaie for Violin and Harp, by Camilel St.Saens, he was 70 years old when he composed it. It is like he is playing his life, the ups and downs in a song, the ending, the 3 notes, reach deep into me. I think only a person with a full life coul composte such a piece. The Violinist is Itimar Zorman, Sivan Magen , on the Harp, Itamar Zorman plays on a 1737 Pietro Guarneri violin from the private collection of Yehuda Zisapel, Itamar Zorman is the winner of the 2011 International Tchaikovsky Competition in Russia. If I could ever play this, I would be contented enough to die a second later!

His Webpage: http://www.itamarzorman.com/web/bio.aspx

[YOUTUBE]koE9vPseXpU[/YOUTUBE]

strk

Great piece of classical music!

It helps me a lot when I'm papermodeling. And this is the result, the most difficult stage in this build:

3,7cm S.K. C/30 in UTBTS. L. C/39

which means

3,7cm Schiff Kanone Construktionsjahr/30 in Unterseeboots lafette Construktionsjahr/39:

Here U can see the mount, breech block (correct me pls, if I'm wrong), and two barrels: made of paper, and of wood (toothpick):

The conclusion is: in this scale, using paper to make a barrel is pointless.

Finished gun. It took some effort to put these tiny parts together, I was not expecting the successful ending:

Parts size (except gun mount) does not exceed 3 mm in any direction.

Gloria!:

[YOUTUBE]XvAjgf8HE-4[/YOUTUBE]

I wish I could build the model as fast as They can play :mrgreen: