Armour Competition

jrts

Mar 12, 2004
St Helehs, England
Hi all

This one will be kicking of soon, next week I think if I can get my bum moving :roll:

On this one I will also be adding a section for the young builders in the group.
So to stop Dustin from having a heart attack you younger members must be 16 or less.
The model has to be a free download not bought as some don't any funds to buy a kit and this would not be fair!!
Oh and the other rule is school homework and jobs around the house come first :twisted:

Other than this you can build any armour model of your choice in any way you want, add ons ect.

The prize Iam not shure of, but it will be one of the better kits with a lot of detail.

Iam posting this now to give you time to look for your kit.

In the end have fun and show us how you get on building your models.

Get looking

Rob

Bob Ebophalus

Jun 25, 2004
Just to clear this up, can we start working on our models now, or do we have to wait until the competition is actually announced? My sub might have to go on hold for a while :D.

jrts

Mar 12, 2004
St Helehs, England
Hi Bob

Yes you can start your model now.

I will post the basic rules for all this weekend, I would like them to be new build models not ones that have been finished for a long time.
Also we would like to see how you build your models, so little updates would be great as well :D

More later

Rob

yaniv

Nov 6, 2004
fix me if i am worng

all the models mast be download ass fre model or i can bild 1 i have as booklet?

jrts

Mar 12, 2004
St Helehs, England
Hi Yaniv

If your 16 or under it must be a free download model in the young members section of the competition!!

But there is nothing stopping a member under 16 building a model for the other sections of the competition.
The idea of the young members is to give them a chance to show us what they can do and have fun, without spending any money using only mum and dads ink, paper and glue :lol:

Michael

Build away mate and we all look forward to seeing how you do it :twisted:

I will start tonight to work what prizes will be on offer and the rules, although this competition will not have a lot of those (rules that is)

More later

Rob

jrts

Mar 12, 2004
St Helehs, England
PS to last

Sorry David missed your question :eek:ops:

Build away with the Polish kits a lot can be done with them if your take your time and you will have time enough with this one to build them.

The prizes will be good ones for shure, one or two 1/16 kits and some very detailed 1/25 kits.
I just have to work out a fair way of doing it all, I don't want to be hung for getting it wrong. After all I intend to be rolling and gluing when Iam well over the 100 year mark, I might have half my kits done by then :p

Just have fun

Rob

jrts

Mar 12, 2004
St Helehs, England
Hi Michael

The rule about it must be a free download is for the young members (under 16)
The other two groups can build either a free download or a bought kit, its up to you.
It would not be right to put kids who do not have access to funds in the postion that they can't enter comp. (I've been there so I know)

FULL RULES TONIGHT AND CLOSING DATE!!

Later

Rob

david n

Jun 28, 2005
lakeland, florida
www.marchets.com
Mmmmmmm sounds good

I dug out my Malay tanks from wayyyyyyy back. I found a Shilka AA tank, Komintern tractor with towed howitzer, GAZ Staff Car, SU-100 and T-72. I think I will have to scan them and reprint them , as the colors are wierd and the paper is like fat newsprint rag paper.

I did cut out the parts for the BRDM free download yesterday though :D

david n

Jun 28, 2005
lakeland, florida
www.marchets.com
Hey Ray

It is the BRDM 1 with Swatter (or Snapper?) missiles. I had actually found the link http://jtdigest.narod.ru/dig2_03/museum2.htm on this site the other day. Be forwarned, the server there is SLOW. It takes forever to get the four pages of parts and the four or five pages of instructions. I printed my parts on the heaviest stock I have, and some will need to be reenforced. I would consider cutting the lower chassis from something like matte board and gluing it together.

charliec

Jan 18, 2004
Brisbane, Australia
Re: Mmmmmmm sounds good

david n said:
I dug out my Malay tanks from wayyyyyyy back. I found a Shilka AA tank, Komintern tractor with towed howitzer, GAZ Staff Car, SU-100 and T-72. I think I will have to scan them and reprint them , as the colors are wierd and the paper is like fat newsprint rag paper.

The Maly Modelarz Su-100 - been there tried that - it has some fairly major fit problems so even if you scan and recolour it you'll still be up for a lengthy process to get it to fit together reasonably.

Regards,

Charlie