Armorman's Dark Eldar Venom build

Very nice. And the in focus pictures really show much better how good the result must look in real life. I am still wondering if there is any way you could disassemble the orange power supply and hide it in the base. Maybe by making the base higher

Z

Zathros

You could just run a fiber optic cable to it. There would be a 20 decibel light loss at each end but if you polished it, it might not really be noticeable. The whole dashboard on my '73 450SL is lit with one fiber optic cable going to a bulb. :)

ARMORMAN

FOUNDATION CORNERSTONE
Just an FYI, the Venom is like a total of 4.5" (11.25 cm) long the figure with helmet is 2" (5 cm). The orange switch is not that noticeable in person.

Z

Zathros

Four Human inches?:eek: I honestly thought it was eight or nine inches long, even with all the reference pictures you posted, it didn't click. I am also having this great sense of déjà vu!! How now brown cow! :p

HeHe, the scale was clear for me since I have built the model.
The scale for warhammer is 28mm meaning a normal human model should have on average that height. The "heroic" scale means that most figures are closer to 30mm than 28 but when there is a figure it gives a better sense of scale.

WOW! That's inspiring me to a sense of awe at the great job you did.

Never did think about trying hot melt glue to make an explosion effect, but it sure does add a dramatic turn to your little viginette.

ARMORMAN

FOUNDATION CORNERSTONE
I like to try to tell a story in the things I build...from the titan to the jetbike to the Warhound wreck to the Medusa to this...

silveroxide

I like to try to tell a story in the things I build...from the titan to the jetbike to the Warhound wreck to the Medusa to this...

That is one thing that I like to do every now and then, Make a diorama or an action base to the model. A model by itself, is just a model, but a model in action, tells a story.

ARMORMAN

FOUNDATION CORNERSTONE
Posing a model by itself, like your walker, can tell a story depending on how it's done - weathering, damage, etc...

ARMORMAN

FOUNDATION CORNERSTONE
Entered it in an IPMS contest yesterday (at which point, the light decided it didn't want to work) and took a bronze along with the titan.

Z

Zathros

Oh that sucks!! They didn't see it lit up! Those LED units always seem to fail when you need them most!
Getting a Bronze doesn't suck though, Congrats! :)