Armor ID question

Discussion in 'Armory & Military' started by rmks2000, Apr 3, 2007.

1. rmks2000

rmks2000 Member

I saw 'Mail Call' a few days ago on TV and it featured the armor museum at Fort Knoxx. There was a tracked vehicle I believe was used by the US Marines that had three long barrels/tubes on each side and parellel to the vehicle. each of the three barrels were separate from each other by perhaps a foot. I don't know if they were rocket tubes or small cannons because I missed that segment of the show. There were no other weapons on the vehicle that I could see, but themn again I caught only a few seconds of it. I don't know what period it was built but I would say somewhere between the fifties and seventies.

Can anyone identify it?
  2. paper warrior

paper warrior Member

3. MOS95B

MOS95B Member

That's a cool vehicle. Almost lloks like something from Macross or Mechwarrior...
  4. rmks2000

rmks2000 Member

That's it! Thanks paper Warrior!
  5. Fishcarver

Fishcarver Active Member

More is better!

The Canadian Army mounted a single 106mm recoilless rifle on the back of a jeep back in the '80s. My unit (Queen's Own Cameron Highlanders of Canada) used these vehicles until they were phased out.

The Ontos packed a lot of punch, but to reload, the crew had to get out from under the protection of the armour. Both the Ontos and our gun jeeps were definitely a "shoot and scoot" weapon!

Jim
  6. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

Ontos is greek for The Thing or Ugly.