Armchair work?

belg

Apr 28, 2001
New Jersey USA
Visit site
Folks I need to stay off my feet for a couple of days and am looking for things to do while sitting in my recliner. Now make no mistake this is the better half's domain so there will be no mess allowed in this area. OK, a tiny one MAYBE if shes not watching to closely. :confused:

AIGI

May 24, 2004
Send the boss to the local Train shop, have her pick up half a dozen to a dozen rolling stock kits (preferably in your era and line). this should be enough to keep you busy and not produce a mess (unless you decide to paint there as well). once your back on your feet, you can paint them, weather them and do what ever else is need and you'll have a few more cars to add to your fleet.

Ray Marinaccio

Aug 4, 2003
Dewey Az.
Visit site
I'd start out slow. Read some Model Railroad magazines to start, then start making plans for when your back on your feet.
When I'm in these situations (Seems to be happening more frequently lately for me) I review my inventory and make a note of repairs and upgrades I would like to make.
Hope your well soon.

RailRon

Nov 23, 2002
Trimbach, Switzerland
I would do the things that Ray is proposing...

PLUS...

I would use the time to (re)read and (re)view some railroad books. I always have some books on the shelf which I SHOULD study more closely than I did until now. (But there's always the layout and the Gauge coming in between! Ah yes, and doing some work for living... :D :D :D )

Take care and get well soon, belg! :thumb:

Ron

Woodie

Mar 23, 2001
Northern Rivers NSW Australia
Get one of them padded "supper" type trays to put on your knees (one of those "steady eddie" trays), and get a few small tools from your toolbox, some cleaning alcohol etc, and your loco's. Park yourself in front of the tele with Oprah or Gerry Springer...... and start cleaning. :eek: but don't go off to :sleeping:

:p

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
Definitely set up a tray for a work surface as Woodie suggests.

I think this is a good time to work on some of those "picky" things you may not have the patience for when you're up and about. I'd suggest getting a box of Preiser unpainted figures and painting them.

That way you'll have a bunch of LPB's to keep you company while the better half is running back and forth to the hobby shop!

:rolleyes: :D :rolleyes: :D :rolleyes: :D

Val

rsn48

Feb 27, 2003
North Vancouver, BC, Canada
Visit site
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
Arthur C. Clarke

The internet is a great way to get on the net.
Bob Dole

It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity.
Albert Einstein

Soon silence will have passed into legend. Man has turned his back on silence. Day after day he invents machines and devices that increase noise and distract humanity from the essence of life, contemplation, meditation...
Jean Arp

Everything becomes a little different as soon as it is spoken out loud.
Hermann Hesse

It is not our purpose to become each other; it is to recognize each other, to learn to see the other and honor him for what he is.
Hermann Hesse

Our mind is capable of passing beyond the dividing line we have drawn for it. Beyond the pairs of opposites of which the world consists, other, new insights begin.
Hermann Hesse