Aries 1-B

Z

Zathros

Man, that is one clean build. Most impressive. I don't think this could be built any better! :)

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
www.deviantart.com
This is a very clean build. The work, effort and time that you are putting into this is FANTASTIC. It is really coming together beautifully.

Dr. Floyd

Aug 23, 2012
UTAH, USA
I'll have to politely disagree with both of you. :rolleyes: As I study UHU's photos for the assembly process, THAT is a clean build. His pieces look machine cut and his forming and gluing are near flawless.

Z

Zathros

I think it is a given that UHU is on another level. Of course, he may own some kind of "Star Trek" replicator or something akin to it, and to be quite honest, your model is quite exceptional so far. The last series of photos are quite stunning. :)

Z

Zathros

Superb! You really are doing a great job building this. Most impressive indeed! :)

Dr. Floyd

Aug 23, 2012
UTAH, USA
Sooo, I’m a bit embarrassed but it’s been almost 6 years since I last posted! Lots of changes happened, I moved and my 3/4 finished Aries 1-B model was packed away in a box. I’m an artist and have spent the last few years doing a lot of painting. Going through some boxes on Saturday I came upon the model and knew it was time to finish it. I’ve worked a bit on the passenger deck in preparation for the chairs. Those chairs! 24 tiny armchairs that only a madman/creative genius like Uhu02 would do. I remember stopping at the chairs years ago, feeling a bit overwhelmed but I am determined to complete them. My 6 year rest was enough. I plan on working on the Orion shuttle, Moon Bus and Discovery- hopefully not with 6 years in between each:)

Attachments

• A8AEC268-2F37-44E2-9F14-313E2F91C156.jpeg
    A8AEC268-2F37-44E2-9F14-313E2F91C156.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 9
  • C5496759-E287-457B-8DC4-884B62E97A14.jpeg
    C5496759-E287-457B-8DC4-884B62E97A14.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 8

Rhaven Blaack

Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
www.deviantart.com
Welcome back! I am glad to see that you are back. I fully understand that real life can interrupt. I dealt with pancreatic cancer almost two years ago. Not only that, but I have gone back to school studying to be a paralegal. So no worries about it taking you so long to return here and to this project.
Once again, welcome back.
I am looking forward to seeing how this will turn out.

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
I've built many 1/2 models of my designs, that's just to see if they were buildable, but I end up not finishing a whole one once I realize it's feasibility. My bad. :)

Dr. Floyd

Aug 23, 2012
UTAH, USA
Welcome back! I am glad to see that you are back. I fully understand that real life can interrupt. I dealt with pancreatic cancer almost two years ago. Not only that, but I have gone back to school studying to be a paralegal. So no worries about it taking you so long to return here and to this project.
Once again, welcome back.
I am looking forward to seeing how this will turn out.
Thanks and glad you whipped the cancer!

Reactions: Rhaven Blaack

Rhaven Blaack

Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
www.deviantart.com
At this point I am budgeting 10 years per UHU model
UHU02's models do take quite a bit of time. Especially if you wish to add even more greebles.

I am going to rebuild his Viper MK-II (with added greebles) for a new diorama (once I finish school and am able to adjust to a proper schedule again).

Reactions: Cybergrinder