Are you a budding Author

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
The gauge needs your help. Do you have a railroad modelling project you are currently
working on, would it make good reading for our members.? It really doesn't matter what
the project is about.
What the gauge needs are "How to do it/make it" articles. something on the lines of
1 - Kitbashing
2 - Scratchbuilding
3 - Track laying ( How to make your own)
4 - How to Ballast it.
5 - How to paint the scenery
6 - How to Solder Brass
etc..
So come on, lets see some interesting things to read
POST YOUR REPLIES TO

shamus@the-gauge.com

G

Gregg Mahlkov

Why should we post articles for free wehen Andy SDperandeo, Kirk Reddie, or Bob Hundman will pay us several hundred dollars for one?

G

Gregg Mahlkov

Shamus - my tongue was planted firmly in my cheek when I wrote, although I have been paid by MR and N Scale (most recently for a Quick Tip in the Sept.-Oct. 2000 N Scale.)

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Hi Gregg
I really do understand your feelings about getting paid for articles published, but the gauge does not charge for reading any of the articles published in the archive.
Bearing in mind that the knowledge gained from reading articles here at the gauge is free, a reciprocal piece of information on what ever subject, would also be appreciated by other readers who have yet to develop artistic skills.

If you have a good article, then by all means send it to Model Railroader or Model Railroading, and, if published, you will get paid for it.
Thanks anyway for replying.

[This message has been edited by shamus (edited 01-06-2001).]

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Hi Gregg
Glad about your article, what was it on, do you want to share it with our readers.