Are we running faster and better?

KATY

Don't know if it's running faster, but I see my photos on an old thread are finally original quality again. Thanks for whatever you did so they're not just colored squares anymore.

Jack

doctorwayne

Sorry to rain on the parade, but it's slower for me than it was when we first went to the new server. The "Zealot" heading comes up almost imediately, but the actual page shows up about 15 seconds later. Any of the other sites that I visit are showing up immediately.

Wayne

speed

My remarks go in the same line as Waynes. I'm on cable, so it should be fast, but it seems considerably slower. No complaints, just an opinion.

Lynn

steamhead

Seems like I'm not alone....I get the same blank page for some time before the page opens....It worked faster with Firefox, but I started experiencing some problems, so I removed it, thinking it miight be the culprit...turned out it wasn't. I'll reinstall it and see what happens...

steamhead

Well...back on Firefox. It seems to be working OK. Somewhat faster (I'm on dial-up...) and I haven't experienced any "unformatted" page errors (knock on wood..). Go figure...

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Well...back on Firefox. It seems to be working OK. Somewhat faster (I'm on dial-up...) and I haven't experienced any "unformatted" page errors (knock on wood..). Go figure...

Might have been an upgrade didn't take... :( I had to reload the main program once... :(

jesso

It does seem faster tonight. I have noticed previously that the pages seem to load slower if the thread has pictures that are off site, but tonight everything seems to be faster.

slekjr

Just wanted to report that the speed of the gauge tonight is at light speed. Never have seen it this fast... Hope everyone is doing as well.
Charlie

Ray Marinaccio

It has been running slow for me, same as mentioned by others above. However, tonight it is lightning fast. I notice there are no ads tonight also.
Is that where the problem is?

chooch.42

Back from Harrisburg again...Speed is now on par or faster than other sites I visit. Wether you're done or not Peter, CONGRATS !!! Excellent !...and Thank You ! Bob C

Yea, I think it was the combination of the right column and the auction ads. Actually, I think the coding for putting the column in was the worse part. Still testing things, I'm sure we'll get the right mix eventually without causing the site to slow down. :)