Are Model Railroader Mags from the 30's and 40's worth anything?

who_dat73

I was given about 10 boxes of old model RR mags by a lady from her late husband they date back as far as the oldest I have so far is a June 1936 Vol. 3 No. 6 the binding is a little bad and torn on this one but for the age its in really good condition the rest go from the 30's 40's on up to the 80's all in pretty good condition she said her husband would read them put them in the box and when it was full set it up in the rafters..
I asked at the club if anybody wanted them and they all agreed to sell them to raise money for the club what yall think they worth the trouble of selling them one at a time or just take a year by year and sell them in lots??
I am open to any and all suggestions and thoughts on what I should ask for in price range and how you think I should go about it be it take them to the spring and fall meet or auction them or what not!!
Thanks Mike

N

nachoman

you can try on ebay...

But I have gone to train shows and people are giving these away for free. My brother has a garage full that he got for free, and he can't seem to unload them short of give them away.

Kevin

bigsteel

Call me Mr.Tinkertrain
most of the old MRR's are worth there wait in mulch.there more valuable as a casual reading like mine.i couldnt give them away,but a few of them still have very useful info.i find myself rummaging through them alot,now that i've started my layout.as they may be old but the info never is outdated.--josh