Archerfish

Hey,
I am going to bite the bullet here and try a build thread for the Halinski 1/200 scale Archerfish. The kit has something on the order of 250 parts, about 40 of which are laminated framework parts. I've not built a submarine model before, so this could be interesting, especially since the instructions are in Polish. Oh, well, here goes...
cover.jpg

parts.jpg

and here are some of the main framework parts...
frames.jpg

C

cgutzmer

this will be nice! can you insert the pics as images though since you are hosting at photobucket - it would be appreciated for archival reasons.....
Chris

(I will rarely archive any thread that I have to click on links to see pics - its too much work....)

Sorry about those pics, I couldn't remember how to set it up so that the pictures actually appear and not just the links. Anyway, I fixed it.

C

cgutzmer

thanks cm :) we dont have any subs in the archives yet so I will be following you closely here!
Chris

Hey guys, sorry for not posting any further progress on this model, but I had to put this one on hold for a bit. I got to looking at some of the parts and can't for the life of me figure how they fit together, so I guess I'll have to try to find some reference material to help me along. It's a shame that with the number of English speaking modellers the model publishers don't supply English translations of their instructions. Then again, it would probably end up like the owner's manual for my first motorcycle I had about 36 years ago which stated "Move the throttle grip until the machine moves away rightly". Hmmm...

GT5500

cardmodeler said:
Hey guys, sorry for not posting any further progress on this model, but I had to put this one on hold for a bit. I got to looking at some of the parts and can't for the life of me figure how they fit together, so I guess I'll have to try to find some reference material to help me along. It's a shame that with the number of English speaking modellers the model publishers don't supply English translations of their instructions. Then again, it would probably end up like the owner's manual for my first motorcycle I had about 36 years ago which stated "Move the throttle grip until the machine moves away rightly". Hmmm...
Have you tried e-mailing Halinski to see if they could send you english instructions?