arambourgainia

Discussion in 'Dinosaurs, Prehistoric Animals, Fauna, and Life' started by freddyman, Apr 11, 2015.

1. freddyman

freddyman newbie

another pterosaur. these things are just too fun to make. this guy ( as the title says) is arambourgainia. this was a rather large azhdarchid with a wingspan of around 7 meters. it's proportionally short wingspan indicates that this pterosaur was more pterestrial then most like it. doing most of it's hunting and foraging on the ground. this is believed to hold true for the majority of large azhdarchidae

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. zathros

zathros -----SENIOR---- Administrator Moderator

From what I understand they used their head like a rudder. A creature would be able to control the rapid changes of direction having a rudder facing forward would initiate. This is absolutely beautiful.

Do you have a link for it? :)
    carlos filipe likes this.
  3. freddyman

freddyman newbie

a rudder, communication, sexual identity, and territory disputer are all likely uses of such a head crest. large pterosaurs such as this are believed to be surprisingly maneuverable, given their rather unstable platform compared to other aerial archosaurs such as birds.

i dare you to look up tupandactylus or nyctosaurus. just imagine how maneuverable they would of been.

oh, and unfortunately, this guy isn't available yet. a few snipets in the plans are needed to be corrected.
  4. carlos filipe

carlos filipe carlos filipe

great model!
    freddyman likes this.
  5. freddyman

freddyman newbie

a little comparison of everybody so far
    [​IMG]
  6. carlos filipe

Beautiful collection!
  7. carlos filipe

I might have missed the beginning of this thread. Where did you find these models?
  8. freddyman

freddyman newbie

these models are all designed by me. i have yet to release them yet however.
    Revell-Fan likes this.
  9. carlos filipe

Lovely! Congratulations. Your illustrations are stunning and to use them for paper models is wonderful. A pedagogic theme that should be nice to see as souvenirs in Science Museums shops.
  10. zathros

zathros -----SENIOR---- Administrator Moderator

Oh my Lord. My that is fantastically beautiful. You take those models, and your drawings into a publisher, and you will have a book published. I know it. I am going to try to find some old connections, it has been so many years though. I know you could do it. Go to a few of them, they will fight over you. You have a Goldmine here. Take advantage of it. Really, share this with the world! They want it, but just don't know it, yet! This could make it into schools, imagine the millions of kids you could reach around the globe! :)
  11. spaceagent-9

spaceagent-9 Right Hand Man and Confidant Moderator

make a nice mobile, perhaps in a push out book. great job by the way!! let the imagination-adon fly free!!!!
  12. Revell-Fan

Revell-Fan Co-Administrator Administrator Moderator

I can only agree with the posters above. :)
  13. Rhaven Blaack

Rhaven Blaack ADMINISTRATOR Administrator Moderator

I have to agree with @zathros. Both your drawings and models would sell very well, INDEED!!!