Apollo LEM in 1/24 Scale (U'Don Kit)

Discussion in 'Space & Aeronautics' started by exzealot, Apr 2, 2008.

1. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

U-Don´s Factory Paper Models Link in Abundance

Sorry, all,

I missed page 2 of this thread . . .

Best,
    Bengt :rolleyes:
  2. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

'The Right Stuff' for the LEM Descent Stage . . .

Ken,

I hope you don´t mind me 'stealing' your thread a bit - your excellent 1:48 scale U-Don model really got me going . . .

davelant,
    I have been checking this site for a good aluminium foil color for the U-Don LM model - it seems the 'orange' color is pretty good for the most of the foil covering. I am in the process of ordering a pack of these sheets now.

Furthermore, if you check this picture (I have taken the liberty of inserting John Ortmann´s outstanding computer rendition from 2006 of the LM-5 Apollo 11 "The Eagle"), there are actually two foil colors, one dark orange-red 'copper-tone' color and one brighter 'gold' color on the landing gear legs and feet:

[​IMG]

So, I might just ask ekuth very nicely for a Hershey bar foil (or two) later on . . .

All the best,
    Bengt :wave:
  3. mvink

mvink Member

Hey Bengt,

PM me your address.

Mike
  4. Ronson2k3

Ronson2k3 Member

Man oh man.. That is really quite cool. I wouldn't ever thought of that in a million years. The ultimate recycling.. I great bar of chocolate and a LEM protection shield in one package... I'm smiling such a wide smile right now..

I'm going to making one of these too.. I'd like to make the Lunar Rover as well .. Trying to find a model of it but there aren't to many and non in card AFAIK.

Great model as soon as I seen the thread I quickly went to U-DONS site to fetch this magnificent model
  5. I assume you hqave tried this site for Surfeduke's rover http://www.mos95b.com/Moon Port/
  6. Ronson2k3

Ronson2k3 Member

:thumb: Nope: I sure didn't. Great site. Thanks ever so much. This just keeps getting better and better all the time...
  7. bigstu

bigstu New Member

Where did you get the astronauts from?

Thanks
  8. MRCA

MRCA New Member

9. MRCA

MRCA New Member