Apollo CM & SM 1:24th Design/Build Thread

Discussion in 'Space & Aeronautics' started by Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett, Mar 16, 2007.

1. MOS95B

MOS95B Member

I just received, and uploaded, as set of Service Module Prelim Instructions.

I uploaded them as Text instructions and four jpg's in a zip file.

Scanned for viruses. (which text and jpg can't currently host anyway, but better safe than sorry, right?)
  2. Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett

Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett Active Member

Thanks

Mike also has the info to work-up his, (Much better than Me), paste-up of the final instructions.

Carl
  3. Feel free to use whatever I send you. I am just happy to be of help. I am going to start another one soon as I usually build one just to practice. Now that it is done I will focust on what I want to do with the next one.
  4. Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett

Great beta build!

I am working on making some minor changes, (and will publish them tonight). The Parachutes are folded in the wrong direction, (No big deal since You are doing a final build next). I am going to do some pictures of that and the Mortar can assembly. The heatshield fit is now fixed, (and the window strips are 1 pc. and thinner).

Thanks for the build photos, (The next release will be the final).

Carl
  5. MOS95B

MOS95B Member

Apollo Soyuz Docking Tunnel is ready and available for download
  6. SAustin16

SAustin16 Member

Hey MOS,

Your website looks GREAT! I really like the new layout...very organized and user-friendly.

Thanks again for hosting the Apollo Project. Hope you're getting a lot of good feedback.
  7. MOS95B

MOS95B Member

Thanks Steve. I think yours maight be the first feedback, other than Carl's of course.

But, if they ain't complaining, I must be doing okay.... ;)
  8. jparenti

jparenti Member

Thank you for your hard work, MOS95B!!

:oops: Gee, am I embarassed. I've been relying on your site for a month or more and I don't remember thanking you. You're providing an irreplaceable service to us all by setting it up and loading files every day. I'm sure I speak for everyone when I thank you for all you've done for us... even if we didn't say so explicitly.
    I'm a good person, promise, I just forget my head is in the clouds most of the time. :)
  9. Carl a suggestion: How bout providing a printable cm without color or shading for those who want to print on chrome paper. I found that you can print on a t-shirt transfer and then iron on to the chrome paper for the transfer. I would like it personally for myself. I really appreciate all your hard work.
  10. correction: I would still like the colorless version of the CM but I tried the transfer and ended up with a film over the chrome which defeated the purpose. However, I would like to continue experimenting until I find the right method. I am open to suggestions anyone??
  11. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

White Version, Carl´s Apollo CM

timhinds,

In one of the first revisions, Rev6, there was a white Apollo CM (Skylab) outline. I have it saved. Do you want me to send it to you in a PM? If you´d like that, send me a PM first and I´ll send you a reply with the file.

Bengt :D

Edited in: I checked that I had the file and it struck me that I could post it here (a much easier option) - I hope that´s OK with Carl?:
  12. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

timhinds,

Here´s the white top part of the Apollo CM, too, in case you haven´t got it:

Best,
    Bengt :D
  13. Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett

Outline only Version

The last rev. of the CM has the Outline only for those who need it. Please down load it and review. Did I miss something? Let Me know and I will correct it. I have the window and hatch formers redone in one part each now too. I will publish it as soon as I can. Has anyone review the ASTP Docking Module yet? I would like some feed back on it. Lunar Rover will be finished very soon too.

Carl
  14. jparenti

jparenti Member

So far, the ASTP docking module looks good to me. I still have to cut the parts out to make absolutely sure, but as far as just looking at the pages, I think it's turning out great.
  15. Thanks for the white version. now do you have it in 1/32 or what is the reduction percentage?
  16. Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett

1:32?

CM Rev 14, (With line only exterior), was published in 1:32. Is that what You are asking?

Have a great day,

Carl
  17. Carl I just printed out the 1/24 scale and it is the same as the 1/32??? Did I do something wrong? I checked my printer settings and everything is correct.
  18. Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett

The Mistake was.....

It has always been 1:32nd scale. I labled it wrong in the early versions.

You have plot/printed a 1:32nd model.

Sorry for the mistake.

Carl
  19. NULLMOON

NULLMOON Member

;) is there going to be a final revision of parts and instructions? i heard talk of i pice window frames and revised instuction with new pics a colorless sm would be nice too:oops:i hope im not asking too much
  20. Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett

Coming on Sunday!

Hope You can Wait. We will have You the final by then. The Changes are very minor now.

Carl
    We can Have You a SM line only Version published too, (By then).