APO Hobby Shops

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by Darwin, Sep 17, 2005.

1. Darwin

Darwin Member

A few weeks ago, Fiddlers Green sent out an email listing the APO addresses of "hobby shops" that have been formed at our bases in Iraq and Afganistan, along with a request to send hobby supplies (like copies of FG models) to them for filling their leisure time with a taste of home. Chip gave open permission to make as many copies of the FG models as we wish for this purpose. Well, my wife and I have scrounged together a care package or two, but I have managed to lose the email with the addresses. Does anyone happen to have a copy of them to append to this string? I wrote to FG for them to resend the APOs, but have not yet gotten a response.
  2. Darwin

Darwin Member

A few weeks ago, Fiddlers Green sent out an email listing the APO addresses of "hobby shops" that have been formed at our bases in Iraq and Afganistan, along with a request to send hobby supplies (like copies of FG models) to them for filling their leisure time with a taste of home. Chip gave open permission to make as many copies of the FG models as we wish for this purpose. Well, my wife and I have scrounged together a care package or two, but I have managed to lose the email with the addresses. Does anyone happen to have a copy of them to append to this string? I wrote to FG for them to resend the APOs, but have not yet gotten a response.
  3. Texman

Texman Guest

Ask, and it shall be given

Baghdad Hobby Club
    Steven Araujo
    Baghdad Model Club
    KBR - ISG
    APO, AE 09342
    The Bagram Hobby Club
    Honorary IPMS/USA Chapter
    Contact Info:
    Bryan Ross
    Bagram Hobby Club
    CJTF-76 NGA
    APO AE 09354
    bryan.ross@baf.afgn.army.mil
    or
    Darryl Sapoff
    SSG Darryl Sapoff
    HHD TF Cerberus
    APO AE 09354
    sapoffd@baf.afgn.army.mil

The Diego Garcia Modelers
    Contact Information:
    SK1 Ronald Bayani MSCO
    Diego Garcia PSC 466
    Box 36 FPO AP 96595
    Email: sk1.bayani@msc.navy.mil
    Lourdes ('Lou') Jumaqio ROICC NAVFAC Far East PSC 466
    Box 61 FPO AP 96595
    Email: JumaqioL@dg.navy.mil

Baghdad TMC
    We are medics at the TMC (Troop Medical Clinic)
    from the Louisiana National Guard, and put together
    Motorcycles, Cars, and Trucks.. We need everything
    from paint & brushes to paint, to other stuff like
    sandpaper and maybe even painting tips to help us.

Our mailing address is:
    Sgt. David Champagne
    C Co 199th Spt BN 256 BCT
    APO AE 09326
    Email: david.champagne@us.army.mil
    Fort Endurance
    SGM Donna Ring
    917th CSG
    FOB Endurance, Iraq

The email address is: donna.ring@us.army.mil
    The Kandahar Modeling Club
    SSgt. Jose R Quimbiulco
    451AEG/SVS
    APO, AE 09355
    jose.quimbiulco@kdab.centaf.af.mil
  4. Texman

Texman Guest

Ask, and it shall be given

Baghdad Hobby Club
    Steven Araujo
    Baghdad Model Club
    KBR - ISG
    APO, AE 09342
    The Bagram Hobby Club
    Contact Info:
    Bryan Ross
    Bagram Hobby Club
    CJTF-76 NGA
    APO AE 09354
    bryan.ross@baf.afgn.army.mil
    or
    Darryl Sapoff
    SSG Darryl Sapoff
    HHD TF Cerberus
    APO AE 09354
    sapoffd@baf.afgn.army.mil

The Diego Garcia Modelers
    Contact Information:
    SK1 Ronald Bayani MSCO
    Diego Garcia PSC 466
    Box 36 FPO AP 96595
    Email: sk1.bayani@msc.navy.mil
    Lourdes ('Lou') Jumaqio ROICC NAVFAC Far East PSC 466
    Box 61 FPO AP 96595
    Email: JumaqioL@dg.navy.mil

Baghdad TMC
    We are medics at the TMC (Troop Medical Clinic)
    from the Louisiana National Guard, and put together
    Motorcycles, Cars, and Trucks.. We need everything
    from paint & brushes to paint, to other stuff like
    sandpaper and maybe even painting tips to help us.

Our mailing address is:
    Sgt. David Champagne
    C Co 199th Spt BN 256 BCT
    APO AE 09326
    Email: david.champagne@us.army.mil
    Fort Endurance
    SGM Donna Ring
    917th CSG
    FOB Endurance, Iraq

The email address is: donna.ring@us.army.mil
    The Kandahar Modeling Club
    SSgt. Jose R Quimbiulco
    451AEG/SVS
    APO, AE 09355
    jose.quimbiulco@kdab.centaf.af.mil
  5. Darwin

Darwin Member

Thanks, Tex. I was sure someone in the group would have them. To our members who are "over there"......what all do you guys need? Keeping in mind that we have ladies over there who may not be into making models, my wife threw in a few small needle-work kits as well as the "guy stuff" I'm packing the box with.
  6. Darwin

Darwin Member

Thanks, Tex. I was sure someone in the group would have them. To our members who are "over there"......what all do you guys need? Keeping in mind that we have ladies over there who may not be into making models, my wife threw in a few small needle-work kits as well as the "guy stuff" I'm packing the box with.
  7. Huey

Huey Member

you guys are just simply great. allow me (I know DeWayne will kill me for this) to also say a week ago i mentioned this to DeWayne and he asked me how to get in touch with them, unfortunately i also lost that email from FG and i wasn't able to reply to him yet. not to take the limelight from anybody here, but for a person who's been here for almost 17 months... whatever that is sent to us by strangers... we appreciate them very deeply. i have been blessed with friends like DeWayne, Nobi, Ashrunner who have sent me model kits and friends like John (Bowdenja) and the rest who started to look for me when i couldn't get online for the past couple of months. i stumbled on this site last year... not knowing i found a family.

i'm not a US trooper... neither from ISAF, just a simple guy trying to help in my own small way to rebuild this country. but just as we have them in our camps for some hot chows... i can see from the eyes of each of these soldiers how much they appreciate the food we share with them (food sucks in the PRT camps no wonder we always have them over hehehe). so imagine getting stuff from people back home... that brings a lot of joy to all of us here. thank you guys for your generosity... that is why there is still hope in this world, as long as people care... there will always be hope.

ps. if not for this hobby, i'd go nuts in this place... thanks guys
  8. Huey

Huey Member

you guys are just simply great. allow me (I know DeWayne will kill me for this) to also say a week ago i mentioned this to DeWayne and he asked me how to get in touch with them, unfortunately i also lost that email from FG and i wasn't able to reply to him yet. not to take the limelight from anybody here, but for a person who's been here for almost 17 months... whatever that is sent to us by strangers... we appreciate them very deeply. i have been blessed with friends like DeWayne, Nobi, Ashrunner who have sent me model kits and friends like John (Bowdenja) and the rest who started to look for me when i couldn't get online for the past couple of months. i stumbled on this site last year... not knowing i found a family.

i'm not a US trooper... neither from ISAF, just a simple guy trying to help in my own small way to rebuild this country. but just as we have them in our camps for some hot chows... i can see from the eyes of each of these soldiers how much they appreciate the food we share with them (food sucks in the PRT camps no wonder we always have them over hehehe). so imagine getting stuff from people back home... that brings a lot of joy to all of us here. thank you guys for your generosity... that is why there is still hope in this world, as long as people care... there will always be hope.

ps. if not for this hobby, i'd go nuts in this place... thanks guys
  9. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Hey Huey.........was fixing to start to worry bout you again!

Glad to hear from you!

Tell us what is best or needed most for these guys and gals and you can bet packages will be on the way!

Do they need paper....or glue...or do they just need CD kits? Do we need to print up some models and send them? Or all of the above?

Since you are our johhny-on-the-spot lets us know.

john

Again Good to hear from you again!
  10. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Hey Huey.........was fixing to start to worry bout you again!

Glad to hear from you!

Tell us what is best or needed most for these guys and gals and you can bet packages will be on the way!

Do they need paper....or glue...or do they just need CD kits? Do we need to print up some models and send them? Or all of the above?

Since you are our johhny-on-the-spot lets us know.

john

Again Good to hear from you again!
  11. Huey

Huey Member

john et al

papers, decent glue (yes, even glue) are so hard to come by if non existence at all (those being used in our hobby). if i'm lucky, someone would bring me some real good papers from Dubai when they fly in. i think sending printed models would be the best option as these boys and girls do not have easy access to a colored printer (probably get reprimanded for it by their superiors). but the best way is to get in touch with these guys so they can give you an assessment on the ground. you'd be surprise that there are a couple of women also indulging on the hobby (plastic models). one thing nice about paper models is that like when i had to transfer from one camp to another, its not like a big logistical problem to transport them. most of these clubs are based on the major US bases and none at the PRT camps spread around the entire country. so imagine the convinience of being able to bring your unfinished model to the field and not be dependent on the club's resources (they share paint, air brush... etc for the plastic models), thats the advantage of paper models.

this is a big help to our fighting men and women, regardless of nationality, to boost their morale whether they are in Iraq or Afghanistan, because its either they are on the field looking for Osama and his pals or in the rear with the gear doing support for those on the field. it can really be boring here and you can only get so much in watching poor copies of pirated DVDs.

ps. i'm the only one doing this hobby in my camp, so i guess i only speak for myself hehehehe :lol:
  12. Huey

Huey Member

john et al

papers, decent glue (yes, even glue) are so hard to come by if non existence at all (those being used in our hobby). if i'm lucky, someone would bring me some real good papers from Dubai when they fly in. i think sending printed models would be the best option as these boys and girls do not have easy access to a colored printer (probably get reprimanded for it by their superiors). but the best way is to get in touch with these guys so they can give you an assessment on the ground. you'd be surprise that there are a couple of women also indulging on the hobby (plastic models). one thing nice about paper models is that like when i had to transfer from one camp to another, its not like a big logistical problem to transport them. most of these clubs are based on the major US bases and none at the PRT camps spread around the entire country. so imagine the convinience of being able to bring your unfinished model to the field and not be dependent on the club's resources (they share paint, air brush... etc for the plastic models), thats the advantage of paper models.

this is a big help to our fighting men and women, regardless of nationality, to boost their morale whether they are in Iraq or Afghanistan, because its either they are on the field looking for Osama and his pals or in the rear with the gear doing support for those on the field. it can really be boring here and you can only get so much in watching poor copies of pirated DVDs.

ps. i'm the only one doing this hobby in my camp, so i guess i only speak for myself hehehehe :lol: