Anyone need help with something?

Discussion in 'RC Onroad Forum' started by mpracing, Nov 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tc3alex

tc3alex New Member

ah nvm im probly going to get 2 yokomos for 500 and like 2 full tools boxes everything i could imagin and more lol.
  2. rcosmax

rcosmax Member

Hpi just released a rs4 3 kit that has a complete set of hotbodies racing option parts on it, chasis, upper deck brakes knuckles pipe, the works and it is cheap. Im upgrading to that as I had ordered a bunch of parts and the total is more than the brand new kit talk about a steal.
  3. timrock

timrock Active Member

all the on road car kits are great for high speeds and high speed turns and handling.but when it comes to speeds in exess of 100MPH they dont work well.flaws like in the RS4 with the slop in the steering is one of them for that kit.one flaw that applies to all of them is the diamitor size of the wheels.(1:10 scale on road).the wheels are to small which,in turn, spin in more revolutions per foot. which can also make them difficult to control, create vibration and cause resistance.
    if i could get 2.2 inch wheels on a kit such as the TC3 with my own custome mods to keep the same ground clearance.i think i could get it to speeds of around 150MPH or more.i was shy of 150 by 24mph with a stadium truck heavliy modified for on road speed runs.but thats with no CVDs and with two wheel drive.
  4. rcosmax

rcosmax Member

yes hence the ball bearing alloy steering assembly, this eats up slop.
  5. Nitro Napalm

Nitro Napalm Member

ok now im confused and am going out to buy a gun....I'm only gonna Use my car in parking lots and my road... if i could find m a track thats near me then i would be on it like a rash..but i just cn find one :(
  6. rcosmax

rcosmax Member

nitronapalm; where do you live? I have a magazine that has track locations and directions all over the world! Also try looking on the net. type rc tracks or rc track locator see what you get. also tell me where and ill look for you!
  7. Nitro Napalm

Nitro Napalm Member

koool! i live in the UK...im in the london area but the outside...if u could give me a list for the whole UK it;d b kool...thnx again
  8. rcosmax

rcosmax Member

Both my parents are from London, Potters Bar if you know it. Ill check and see what I can find out for you.
  9. Nitro Napalm

Nitro Napalm Member

thanks m8...much appreitiated...thnx again
  10. Nitro Napalm

Nitro Napalm Member

o yeh the potters bar crash right? ye i heard of that place..on the news for a long time...thnx again m8
  11. timrock

timrock Active Member

i make my own mechanical speed controls that have no motor limit or cell limit.they have the magnetic braking with the motor but it is only On and Off.i want to go with some electronics for proportional control so i bought 2 speed controls and wired them corectly and it worked for about a minute then the wires that plug into the reciver started to smoke.i wired them parallel into the reciver.would i need 2 recievers also?and would it work provided i had the same crystals in them both?ive been into RC stuff for along time but this is the first time i tryed this.
  12. TheTrueMoron

TheTrueMoron New Member

I was wanting to get an Associated TC3, but my streets have 1-1.5 inch cracks in them. Would this be bad for the car or mess up its driving? Thanks.
  13. timrock

timrock Active Member

not especialy bad for the car but you would have less traction over the areas with cracks in them.
    MAN,i wish someone could answer a question i have for a change.i was hoping MPracing could have an answer about the two electronic speed controls i wired together to control one motor in one car.
  14. rockn82

rockn82 Marx Brother

Tim how much juice are you running into on ESC? Sounds like you have a couple packs and are running them into the two ESC's and then running both into the receiver. No, two receivers would not work unless you have them matched perfectly. Then you would have to figure out how to connect two receivers to one motor and not burn out the motor because of the 14.4V that would be going in to it. How many turns are you running for a motor? What are the limits of your ESC? And how many amps can they handle.
    I would also like to know how you had a car going over 100MPH. Anyone can say heavily modifed. But it takes a lot of custom parts (when I say Custom I mean made just for you) to even hit the 100 mark. And using ELE it is just about impossible. You can balance your rims and tires, thats not hard to do. When it comes to the suspension you can lower any vehicle to the point where the chassis drags the ground it just requires some suspension modification. Also when you take into account speeds even at 70 MPH you have some serious sus. compression and the chassis drags. So some serious springs are required. I have a Nitro MT (rs4 chassis) and I have taken all the slop out of the steering and completely redesigned the radio tray and steering linkage along with alot more and the top speed on her is about 64.5 MPH with a ported and polished OS .15CV and lots of other mods. Such as water cooling to run 40%. I imagine that if I throw in an Engine with more ports I could get her to somewhere around 80MPH but I have an R40 to mess with now.
  15. timrock

timrock Active Member

ok dude.first off all,it was not done with and ESC.i design my own mechanical motor controls with the magnetic breaking.
  16. timrock

timrock Active Member

last weekend i ran it around 100mph to show off to a few people.not sure ,exactly, how fast it was going.i ran 16 cells 14 turn with select gearing.burned the armature.as happens usually.
  17. timrock

timrock Active Member

also,i could get your RS4 going well over 100mph,easily, just from a change in drive gear ratio.
  18. timrock

timrock Active Member

64.5 mph? you equate that with the size of your motor?it doesnt work like that.
  19. mpracing

mpracing Member

timrock has a valuable point,

Gear ratios have alot to do with the speed and accel. But dont brag about the engine, HP doesnt mean anything until it will work and be put to good use. If he is saying what I am thinking, you can have super low gear ratios, you may accel slower than my grandma walks, but in the end you will be pushing 100mph easily, I have seen an rs4 push 120mph until it hydroplaned from its own downforce and just got ripped apart. Physics only can prove things so far, but its possible. Also gas engines produce way more friction than electric motors, and electric motors have more torque to size ration vs. a gas engine which can push the lower gears faster, harder, longer and better.

mpracing
  20. mpracing

mpracing Member

sorry timrock,

also about your 2 esc and msc,

I have had friends try your circuit, parallel, they got it to work, but they ended up buying a very expensive tekken esc, with no motor limit, and no cell limit, well at least until you break the breaker limit. I couldnt belive my eyes when I say that thing, it had more wires than anything I had ever saw, he also found that running the wire alongside the rim of the lower side of your car frame seemed to keep the whole project cool. His turned up in smoke in a matter of 30 min. rather than 6 min. without that tekken esc. Two recivers would be un thought of, even tho they may be on the same channels, radio frequences together that closely would either fry itself, go crazy, or just not wanna work. you are going to have to make some custom reciver that can parallely coordinate 2 esc to exceed the limitations set by it. It may be possible, if you get it to work, you should get it patented, it doesnt sound that bad, I would buy it if it worked. Keep tryin to get it to work. Also try to seal your connections from debrees and stuff that can also have an effect.

mpracing
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.