Anyone need help with something?

Discussion in 'RC Onroad Forum' started by mpracing, Nov 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bow_3022

Bow_3022 New Member

I need to know how fast the electric tamiya qd subaru impreza goes. And also I need to know how fast the hpi dash goes. And i need to know if the two cars are good and which one is better. And i"m a beginner at cars so i need to know this stuff. And i'm about to get one of those cars i mentioned on the top.[V]
  2. Bow_3022

Bow_3022 New Member

I need to know how fast the electric tamiya qd subaru impreza goes. And also I need to know how fast the hpi dash goes. And i need to know if the two cars are good and which one is better. And i"m a beginner at cars so i need to know this stuff. And i'm about to get one of those cars i mentioned on the top.[V]
  3. 2002_Z06

2002_Z06 New Member

I am looking for a 1:10th scale of a corvette body perferably a 1997 or above. I have seen the whole kit together but noone seems to sell just the bodies by themself. If anyone can guide me in the right direction I would be most grateful. I am sure since the whole 1:8th R/C kit can be bought someone has got to offer the body alone (I Hope anyway) just "Google" isnt doin me justice in my search
  4. 2002_Z06

2002_Z06 New Member

I made a mistake when I first stated I was looking for a 1:10th scale I meant to say a 1:8th scale. I have found 1:10th but 1:8th I cannot find anywhere
  5. andymontford

andymontford New Member

Tamiya mini. which is better an m01 or mo3 what's the difference?
  6. xerox

xerox Member

hey mp it is xerox from offroad.
    my brother has a tamaya ta04-s and i was wounder what kind of up grates would i have to get in order fore him to go racing because i9 want to get it for him after his wedding also do u any places whewre we casn go racing onroad.
    thanx
  7. zeon2001_uk

zeon2001_uk New Member

hi i have a thunder tiger evo-12 engine. and i have had some problems putting my thunder tiger ts-4n pro car together so i took it to a shop who assemble cars, but they wouldnt put it together for me until i got a prop. washer.
    apparently it goes over the brass cone, in between the engine and the flywheel.

does anyone know what they are talking about? i saw one on a picture of another car, but i havent been able to find any information about one for the EVO-12.

hopefully, Richard.
  8. vidgamer503

vidgamer503 New Member

My engine seems to over heat too much or is it just me. What the f*** is wrong? Should I clean the engine or something. Anyone know what the f*** is wrong. I can't even get half a tank of gas before it over heats. Any tips tell me.
  9. oop

oop New Member

it's pretty easy pnce you get some direction. I had the same problem - this is what I did...first, run your engine a little richer, use a temp gun ($50) to monitor the temp (less than 230-250 degrees is optimal according to various articles and websites). Buy a heatsink for your engine. Lastly, make sure your body has proper cut outs for air circulation (front window, side window and back window pane). This should cure your problems. Additionally, switch to a fuel like O'Donnell - it has a higher oil content and will keep your engine cooler. A little dirtier becaue of the extra oil, but its worth it in my opinion!

10. s23b

s23b New Member

I am trying to remove old paint from the inside of my car, is it possible without hurting the plastic to repaint..
  11. Rustler14

Rustler14 Guest

whats the best size pinion gear and spur gea to be put together with an 16T mod. Motor

THANX!!
  12. Bungee

Bungee New Member

Will any other manufacturers pull starter fit on the Picco .12? Thanks for your help?
  13. ihadam

ihadam New Member

Hi, I have a Electric AE TC3 with a Trinity Speed Gem Motor 9T, Duratrax ESC 8T rev. powered by Sanyo 3000 mAH 7.2 V w/ Futaba Magnum JR Tx. During initial run (after full charge) car accelerates but after a few mins. (no more than 3 mins.) The car decelerates & really slows down @ full throt. I noticed though that when I make sharp turns that's the time that it starts to decelerate. I double check motor's brushes & coms & all are in good cond & are clean. Do I need to re-configure ESC or downgrade my motor to higher turns? Is battery causing trouble (Since before I've been using 1900 mAH 7.2 & switched to 3000 7.2 mAH). Please advise. Thank you so much.
  14. Neo

Neo New Member

I used to have a Tamiya MO3 Mini Cooper that I received as a birthady presnt when I was 9. When I went to use the model a few weeks ago I noticed that the suspension arms were quite loose (about 3mm of play) and even when I tightened all the screws they were still loose. Anyway, I decided to rebuild the model to see if this fixed the problem, but it had no effect. It is built correctly as far as I know.
    I am now 15 and have just bought another Tamiya car (TL01-A Beams Integra) which I am hoping to start racing and tune it up. I am just wondering if I have made any mistakes during construction or if it is just a characteristic of the model because I dont want the same to happen to my TL01-A.
    Thanks in advance:)[?][?]
  15. rccartips

rccartips New Member

It is almost impossible to remove paint from lexan bodies... I have tried many times and have ended up damaging the body.

You can try scraping and sandpaper... but not worth the time and effort.
  16. Chris Moore

Chris Moore New Member

Hello, do you have any tips on how to setup a TC3 for oval racing. I'm looking for help with what color springs, which tires, diff setups, etc.. The track I race at is outdoors and pretty rough. Thanks for any help.

Chris
  17. PCKX

PCKX New Member

I have a HPI RS4 RTR 3 and i the head is leaking fuel should i get a new head or get a new engine and what kind. Also i want to race it as of right now the car is stock what hop ups should i get
  18. Pixie

Pixie New Member

Can you please help me, I’m very new at this and I have got a second hand Kyosho Spider car with a GS11R engine!! And my problem is that after about five minutes of driving the car just stops and then I have to wait about 10 mins before the car will start again is this normal? (((When its cold it starts first pull)))
  19. darkendlight88

darkendlight88 Member

i am thinkink of buying a black pixi engine, but i was wondering wat a good rear exhaust manifold for it would be. also im gonna put a paris turbo ring pipe on it. tell me if this is a good idea or not. thanx
  20. darkendlight88

darkendlight88 Member

i own a hpi rs4 3 rtr and i want to put a new engine in it.i was thinking about a trinity black pixi .12 . is this even possible. any comments will help

thanx
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.