anyone need help with something ask here

Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by mpracing, Nov 11, 2002.

1. noggs

noggs New Member

Does Anybody have a wiring guide for a Raido Shack 4x4 Off Roader
  2. Bobatnathrop

Bobatnathrop New Member

I have a question.

I have a car and the front servo agitates back and forth but you can still control it. Is that a problem with the receiver? The moter runs just fine and same with the High Frec. Regenerater.
  3. rockn82

rockn82 Marx Brother

Well it could be a couple of things:
    1. your receiver or transmitter batteries are low.
    2. your getting interference.
    3. your holding the transmitter too close to the receiver antenna.

Check out my site for tips on fixing glitching www.youbetnet.com/~rockn82 and click on tips and tricks.

Hope that helps ya!
  4. xerox

xerox Member

hey mp yo you said that i should upgrate my engine but if i up grate it shouldn't i go with a better engine in stead of a .12 because wouldn't that be slower then the .15 even if i upgrate it.by the way what would be the fastest .15 engine that i could fit in my truck and how much would that ruffly be.
    thanx
  5. xerox

xerox Member

yo mp wats up yo i am haveing a problem with my rush when i turn on the romote and then the truck the stering keeps turning left and right fast and when i checked all the wires it was fine and when i checked the reciever it was ploged fine but for some reason it didn't work so i also replaced the batters with brand new ones.thanx any help will be fine.
  6. DrachenMaster

DrachenMaster New Member

Xerox, your first question about the engine.. no, a .15 isnt necessarily faster than a .12, reason being, is that to compete in a lot of race circuits, ROAR in particular, .15 engines are illegal, and therefore, all the technology and development goes into the .12 engines. for instance, HPIs engines, the .15SS is .7 HP and has a lower RPM range than the .12R SS which cranks out 1+ HP and a higher RPM range, More HP and higher RPMs = faster car.

On your second question, it sounds to me that the Radio is Glitching, give your car a good once over and make sure there's nothing that you can see that would be grounding to the engine or any other metal parts of the chassis that could cause it to glitch... another thing that might help, is take an anti-static bag from a computer part (shiny silver bag) and wrap your reciever like a Xmas present, and that should help with the glitching.
  7. DrachenMaster

DrachenMaster New Member

Also Xerox, good engines for the rush would be the HPI engines that I mentioned.... though a lot of ppl will tell you otherwise, but other engines you can check out would be the Ofna .12S Pro or the Ofna .15S Pro, the OS CV Series, they're all good engines, and are all around the 120-150 dollar range, and can all be found on tower hobbies website.
  8. rockn82

rockn82 Marx Brother

Looks like somebody has been to my website.

And by the way "More HP and higher RPMs = faster car" is incorrect. HORSEPOWER IS IRRELLEVANT WHEN FIGURING TOP SPEED.

I am not a fan of misinformation. Or bull.
  9. mpracing

mpracing Member

xerox,
    If you upgrade your .12 Nitro Star it will be the best it can be, it has better low-end then .15, .15 are for messing around and flying fast, not racing, .12 are the best for tracks and good acceleration.

rockn82,
    I agree with you about that more HP+ higher RPMs= more speed doesnt mean it will go fast, whoever said that, the more rpms you have the more likely you will blow out your motor, you could have a .12 with 3 speed, lower hp and lower rpms and still beat a .21 no problem.

mpracing
  10. osbornel

osbornel Member

need new motor for e-pede. 8t triple 14t double 17t single? I'm running stock gearing so that will help too.
  11. osbornel

osbornel Member

need new motor for e-pede. 8t triple 14t double 17t single? I'm running stock gearing so that will help too.
  12. Reich

Reich New Member

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just bought the Traxxas Sportmax and broke in the engine per the instructions given. I now stall after going to idle after WOT, and I have to let it sit for about 3 minuits before it decides it wants to restart. In the maintaince section of my manual mentions this under symptoms of when to replace the piston and the Sleeve! I do hope this is not the case because I am under 8 tanks of fuel on the truck. Idle sound normaly seems to change in pitch but will not stall. It only stalls after WOT. I am new to this hobby and like it. I am just sick of chasing it around to restart it after this happends.
  13. bliss225

bliss225 New Member

I recently bought a Hpi NItro rush. THe other day i bought a pair of Pro Line Vtred Tires (2.2 size). Well these things are huge and i wonder if you guys or girls could tell me if this will hurt my truck in any way or take away from my acceleration, speed , and height going off a jump but more importantly the parts that keep the truck moving.
  14. bliss225

bliss225 New Member

I recently bought a Hpi NItro rush. THe other day i bought a pair of Pro Line Vtred Tires (2.2 size). Well these things are huge and i wonder if you guys or girls could tell me if this will hurt my truck in any way or take away from my acceleration, speed , and height going off a jump but more importantly the parts that keep the truck moving.
  15. bliss225

bliss225 New Member

16. xerox

xerox Member

hey mp its been a while and i wanted to know if it was ok if it was ok to switched the gas on my rush from 12 percent oil to 20 percent oil because i am thinking of racing and also if you know any places in mississauga where i can drive.
    thanx
  17. rockn82

rockn82 Marx Brother

bliss : the larger tires will increase the top speed of your vehicle and will take away from the acceleration. Nothing will be hurt because of the larger tires. And yes because of the larger tires your truck has more mass to beging moving but when up to speed it also has more momentum to slow down. My recommendation: Keep the bigger tires as the Rush has that squirrely rear end anyway so you wont be breaking the tires loose quite so easily.

XEROX: Yes it is ok to switch fuels in your vehicle. Just make sure you go a couple of tanks of "break in" on the new fuel so the engine can adjust to the new oil content and nitromethane content. If you go to a higher nitro content MAKE SURE YOU RICHEN UP THE NEEDLE VALVES A LITTLE because the higher nitro will make the motor run hotter.
  18. xerox

xerox Member

hey rockn82 i will do that but i also what to ask a question i if i get a graphite front and rear tower for my offroad car will that be ok and would it be as strong or weaker.
    Also do u know anyplaces in mississauga that i can drive my truck on big bumps because i heard that hobbyhobby had a place where you can race but i don't know if they have one for off roading so that i can play there and have a little fun.thanx
  19. rockn82

rockn82 Marx Brother

Graphite is not as strong as aluminum but it is lighter. If you are looking for more speed and handling Graphite is fine. But if you are looking to go way up the in speed department you may want the aluminum. For a standard chassis that that does 30MPH that you increase to say 60 or 65 you have to increase the overall rigidity of the chassis too. That way it does not flex or bend at high speed. Plus it will help when you crash or roll at a high speed. I don't know anything about mississauga... sorry.
  20. xerox

xerox Member

hey thanx rockin82 but you said that if i get 20 percent oil i would have to tone down my idle pin but i was looking on the net and they said that if i get higher oil then my head sink wouldn't get as hot and also you said that if i wanted more speed and control then i should go with the graphite tower for the front but if i want stronger then go with the aluminum but you also said that if i get an aluminum tower for the front that i would have to get a different chasey for when i am going fast and it hits a bump or rolls over and if i get that where would i get one, and would it come allready made or would i have to do it myself.
    ps if you have msn can i have you email address or if you have an email can i have it thanx.

hey mp if i get a .12 tr picco will it be better for racing and would it be faster then my .15 stock engine and also do you have any recemdictions for my truck like hop ups and can you give me the part numbers on those hop up and also if their is any place in mississauga that you know of that i can visit or enev race at can you plz let me know thanx.