anyone need help with something ask here

Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by mpracing, Nov 11, 2002.

1. backyardbasher4life

backyardbasher4life New Member

i have to disagree on u this time mpracing on the ofna .21 8 port turbo because the motoe is just like an other motor thr turbo on that motor really isnt 1 its just a tightened spot on the top of the sleeve for more compression and the only reason they have 8 ports is brcause for better furl efficiantcy but when i seen the motor run its performance was awful it was sluglish bogged down like crazy and soon the compression when bad too. u know what im talking about MPRACING lol, na just get an o.s. engine i dont no but i can tell u this they have awsome motors and warentys with no questions asked
  2. steven

steven New Member

hey mpracing i just got a hpi rush and am having alot of problems it came factory built with rad but i had to replace my front steer servo then rebuild the rear suspension then apply tread lock on all the screws and i stripped my spur gear i am fine with everything except the spur gear i cant move the engine so that the pinion is a papper width from my spur i removed my engine to see if i can slide it over in anyway but everything is set to the chasis even the engine mount and also what kind of fuel do you suggest thanks
  3. waz

waz New Member

4. pike

pike Member

IS the kyosho mega force a good 1st monster truck to start out with the rtr kit is runs between 549.99 - 565.99 canadian or do you know of a better with shaft driven 4wd fwd and rev truck in this price range THANKS in advance:D
  5. backyardbasher4life

NO NEVER EVER EVER GET THAT TRUCK BECAUSE THE SHOCKS BOTTOM OUT BEFORE U EVEN BOTTOM THE TRUCK OUT AND IT HAS A PLASTIC CARB IF I WERE U GET THE MONSTER SAVAGE FROM HPI EVEN THOUGH ITS NOT A NEWB CAR ITS IS DEPENDABLE AND MOST LIKLY NO TO BREAK AS MUCH AND BE WAY FASTER BUT I DONT NO HOW MUCH THEY RUN IN CANADIAN CASH JUST GO TO WWW.HPI.COM I THINK IS THE SITE IM NOT SURE BUT HOPE THIS HELPS
  6. pike

pike Member

what about the ofna pirate 10 not to be confused with montster pirate
    it a stadium truck with huge monster truck tires 4wd and a 3.5 cc engine check it out if u want http://www.ofna.com/p10rtr.html cause savage is out of my reach at 710.00 canadian at my LHS
  7. mpracing

mpracing Member

I would recommend the Ofna Pirate. Those are dependable and FAST! I have seen them and they are amazing, but be carefull, because taht Truck socks a powerfull punch! Go Ofna all the way! Hope this helps your confidents!

mpracing
  8. mpracing

mpracing Member

waz,

That place from modelsportuk I think, go to the modified motors and buy the Trinity P94 10 Triple, that is your best motor, but wait, what is this for? And did you want the best electric or nitro, well above is electric, I will further soon to see what lies ahead.

mpracing
  9. steven

steven New Member

well i went to my lhs and surprise surprise hpi did not include motor mounts it wasnt expensive at all just the hastle of loseing driving tim it took like 5 min to install in my car right after i got the parts now it is running really well just need new sus springs but other than that everything is great

need for speed[}:)]
  10. mpracing

mpracing Member

Glad it turned out well steven!

mpracing
  11. waz

waz New Member

yea it was for an electric (wild dagger)
    What motor should i get for £30
  12. MaxxedOut02

MaxxedOut02 New Member

I was wondering if you know the company that makes the Emaxx Boot, which is used to waterproof it?
    Thanks
  13. backyardbasher4life

the boot fr like cvd's? if thats it i can get from my local hobby store and just sell them to you for how much i payed for them
  14. barton66

barton66 New Member

Do you know where I can find a cad drawing of the chassis for the rc10gt. I am doing a project at school and this would really help.
    thanks
  15. mpracing

mpracing Member

barton66,

Well here is a picture. I cant think of anything else. I will try to help further if you need it.

Image Insert:
    [​IMG]
    9.57KB

MaxxedOut02,

Try going to www.XTM.com, they have them for buggies, and those will fit your E-MAXX, hope that helps! Or try doing what backyardbasher4life said, they should be able to help also!

mpracing
  16. maxpf56

maxpf56 New Member

Hopefully you can help me with a question in regard to charging nicd batteries. I just bought two 7 cell flat batteries they are produced by Dura-Trax with Sanyo cells and both are 2400's, these will be used to power my electric R/C boat. my charger is a Pro-Tech that i bought about 10 years ago to use for my R/C cars. The charger works great, always has but for the life of me i don't know if it's a peak charger or whatever. It's says 1 amp on it and is able to quick charge (15 minute timer) and trickle charge. I charge my car batteries which are 1200's for 15 mins when quick charging, or for 14-16 hrs when trickle charging. My new 2400's came with no charging instructions at all and I'm lost as to how long to charge them for with my charger. The charger does have a switch for either 6 or 7 cells and obviously I will switch when necessary. Thx.
  17. mpracing

mpracing Member

Well maxpf56,

I would be safe and spend the extra money and get a peak charger or at least a good one with trickle charge. Then charge them overnight with the new charger so the batteries will begin a memory of a full charge. But after each run you should discharge them so they dont build up a memory of not going through a full charge. Try this and tell me how it works out!

mpracing
  18. maxpf56

maxpf56 New Member

MPRACING, I was pbobably confusing you but my charger is capable of trickle charging nicd batteries, which is what I intend to do. If by chance my charger is not a "peak" charger, exactly what type would it be and whats the difference between the two? Thx.
  19. NitroDevil85

NitroDevil85 New Member

Im geting back into rc but can't decide on a truck. Im thinking about a Ofna Pirate 10 RT, HPI RS4 MT, or a Duratrax Overdrive ST. I have also been thinking about maby 2WD or a buggy. For the buggyies I was thinking about a Ofna Ultra LX PRO or a Ofna 9.5 MBX and for 2WD trucks the RC10GT. My mind is up in the air some imput from you guys will help. Another thing there are not alot of tracks near by so it would be used for backyard bashing. But right now I am trying to talk my dad into leting me bild a desent size track in my back yard.

Thank you
  20. mxking171

mxking171 Member

Hey guys I ordered a traxxas electric stampede i have 2 batteries for it and i was wondering i get about 6 miniuts of run time a batterie and tHEN WAIT for the other one can i some how get more runetime? thx