anyone need help with something ask here

Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by mpracing, Nov 11, 2002.

1. Bloobert28

Bloobert28 Member

would any one know why my engine would ilde so high when the throttle is barly open
  2. xerox

xerox Member

you probally have your low end tooo lean or your top end too lean
  3. EZECOV.CHILL

EZECOV.CHILL New Member

WHAT IS THE BEST NITRO MONSTER TRUCK TO GET, 1/8 1/6 AND SO ON FOR RACING USE ON A SEMI BEGINNER LEVEL(BUT I DONT WANT A PUSSEY MACHINE)
    IVE HAD NITROUS IN THE PAST AND WOULD LOVE TO GET IN TO IT AGAIN!!!!
    I'VE HAD A LOOK AT THE RCHOBBIES WEB SITE AND THEY SEEMED TO HAVE A GOOD SELECTION OF TRUCKS, BUT ARE THEY ANY GOOD AND ARE THEY WORTH THE MONEY, IF NOT CAN YOU RECOMMEND ANY OTHER WEB SITES I CAN SHOP ON. I CAM=NT WAIT TO HEAR YOUR REPLY
    CHEERS MATE
    JAMES C !!
  4. EZECOV.CHILL

EZECOV.CHILL New Member

WHAT IS THE BEST NITRO MONSTER TRUCK TO GET, 1/8 1/6 AND SO ON FOR RACING USE ON A SEMI BEGINNER LEVEL(BUT I DONT WANT A PUSSEY MACHINE)
    IVE HAD NITROUS IN THE PAST AND WOULD LOVE TO GET IN TO IT AGAIN!!!!
    I'VE HAD A LOOK AT THE RCHOBBIES WEB SITE AND THEY SEEMED TO HAVE A GOOD SELECTION OF TRUCKS, BUT ARE THEY ANY GOOD AND ARE THEY WORTH THE MONEY, IF NOT CAN YOU RECOMMEND ANY OTHER WEB SITES I CAN SHOP ON. I CAM=NT WAIT TO HEAR YOUR REPLY
    CHEERS MATE
    JAMES C !!;)
  5. monsterrcbuilder04

monsterrcbuilder04 Active Member

well a lot of people here race t-maxxes and the savage is nice too as i said in my other post. it would be easier for me if you gave me the link to a european site so i know the prices.
  6. deneir69

deneir69 New Member

Just purchased a little buggy from ebay, mainly bcuz i wanna get into them without spending a lot of money - til of course i know i'll like them... just wondering it was a RTR buggy kit with a 15cxp engine (anyone have the hp of these?)... and im jut wondering do RTR cars usually have a glow plug already installed? and where can i buy glow plugs for this .15cxp engine? newb questions, but also - does the car come from the factory with the correct settings to break in the engine with? or must i adjust to run richer/leaner? thanks.
  7. supadupaj

supadupaj New Member

I recently picked up a used thunder tiger mirage v-spec in pretty good condition. How many of the parts are interchangeable with the EB-4? I would like to upgrade some of the parts.
    Thanks
  8. Twitch

Twitch New Member

Well it seems as though I cannot give an answer to my own question.
    For the entire life of my hpi nitro mt, the brake has refused to stop my truck well at all. If ANYONE has ANY tips on increasing my trucks ability to stop please share your knowledge. I already have the fiber brake disk. I was actually looking for more of a different setup, more like steel or aluminum disk(s) with actual brake "pads".
    Any help is GREATLY APPRECIATED. much thanks
  9. Twitch

Twitch New Member

No answer?
  10. eustismudder

eustismudder New Member

Any opinions on the O.S. cvrx .18?
  11. tnx

tnx Member

most of them do. at least my TNX had one istalled already. and my friends savage had one 2.
  12. AWScamanche

AWScamanche New Member

I have a RC10 GT and the engine has had this problem for a while, but im just now getting around to fixing it. Whenever I start it up (using a pull start) as soon as it starts the engine revs to the point where it is smoking within 3 seconds. I tried adjusting the idle speeds and the fuel mixture screws. I checked the carb as well. Any ideas as to how to fix this problem or at least what the problem is?
  13. Drzoidberg

Drzoidberg New Member

Hi all,

First of all I would like to say that I am a newbie to the rc world and have always had an interest in it.

I decided to take the plunge and purchase an rc model. I did some research and was very impressed with the HPI Savage and was even more impressed when I found out that it came in a kit form. I prefered a kit so I could not only build it to my preferred specs but also learn about the ins and outs of rc modelling.

I recently built my HPI Savage SS and have thourougly enjoyed building it, maintaining it and of course playing with it.

The purpose of this post is to ask what is the best route to take when adding the hop up parts. What would be the best place to start? I personally would like some more grunt but I also understand that handling is just as important.

Any comments on the best way to increase performance, either speed or handling would be appreciated.

Apologies for the long and no doubt boring post.
  14. aus kyosho inferno .30

aus kyosho inferno .30 New Member

[[8]blue][/blue]
    i have been trying to get some info about boost bottles 4 my buggy. the ? do they work how do they work and how do i install it?

thanks zanda
  15. aus kyosho inferno .30

aus kyosho inferno .30 New Member

do boost bottle work ? i need some info as i was thinking about getting one sett up on my inferno
  16. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

they are not worth it. What it does, from what I understand it a hole is drilled into the nitro engine block and it collects cold air and it some way shape or form put back into the fuel mixture. I don't think this makes a big enuf differen't to drill a hole in your engine block but its up to you. Try searching for it on yahoo.
  17. ajrichardson

ajrichardson New Member

Hi i'm having problems starting my orian .26 engine for my savage . the problem is after about 1 hour sorting out the bottom end and top end its starts for about 5 minutes , then it stops and will not start for the rest of the day which is quite frustrating . I have taken it back to the shop where I brough it and told him the problem , all he does is start it the once after playing with the screws about 20 minutes , runs it for about 1 minute and say its fine just leave them as they are now. which as always when I get it home never starts. ( think he just wants to sell and that be the end of it ). Its not that I live close to the shop ( 5 miles and I dont drive ). The engine has only done 2 tanks so I have not even had the chance to open her up . to be honest the car just been standing there for 2 months as I have got that annoyed with it . But I have spent so much money on her I just want to be able to enjoy racing about ( crashing )

Here hoping you can help .

p.s if you could send any info you have or you think may help me in my dream of being able to fix things my self to : anthony_richardson@hotmail.co.uk it would be received with open arms .

cheers

Ant
  18. Mohamadali

Mohamadali New Member

Hi everyone, I just bought a new piston and sleeve, and I want to install it myself. However I can't seem to figure out how to get the old one out. I have the engine stripped down to just the crankcase/crankshaft and the gears on the crankshaft. I have a t-maxx 2.5. If anyone knows how to take it out it would really help.

Thanks
  19. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

I had a old article from a rccaraction and they were showing how to Rebuilt a nitro engine. IF I REMEMBER correctly they took a zip tie and put it into the exhaust port and threw the sleeve(of course the piston has to be at the bottom) And useing the flywheel turn the engine. With the Zip tie in between the sleeve and the piston putting pressure this will push the sleeve up and then you will be able to pull the sleeve out. After it is out make sure when you put the new sleeve in that the ports are where they need to be I.e. Exhaust port. I belive Traxxas sending a manual on how to rebuilt there engine's, I know they did when I bought my old .15 rustler. Also Traxxas has a trade in, where you can get a new engine for alot less then a brand new one.

Traxxas Exchange

http://www.traxxas.com/support/howto/trx_howto_engineexchange.htm
  20. savage4savage

savage4savage New Member

I have a savage 25 which ran pretty good all summer but then suddenly the roto-start quit and will not start my truck. It will olny turn the engine over part way.

CAN YOU PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!