anyone need help with something ask here

Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by mpracing, Nov 11, 2002.

1. tnx

tnx Member

a little [:p]
  2. jwilkins

jwilkins New Member

my electric duratrax evader wont go forward or backwards without a push start and I dont have a clue why. its my first car so i dont know much about it. I thought it may be because i needed to clean it but it wasnt that so im stumped.

James UK
  3. jonatay

jonatay New Member

Your motor may need new brushes and/or your commutator may need to be trued. If your commutator has grooves worn in it then it needs trued. If you can't find anyone to true it for you, then you can buy a new motor for $17 from Towerhobbies. If your commutator is good, then you probably need new brushes. Usually it is the brushes you need more than the other.
  4. xerox

xerox Member

hi my name is xerox and i sold my nitro rush and know i just got resently a nitro rs4 mt2 and i took it to a bmx track on bayview arena at the back and i met some people there who tuned and gave me some pointers and i was just woundering if anybody would give me some other good pointewrs for it and also if anybody has had one what seems tyo break alot.
  5. Charad

Charad New Member

Ok Im new on this forum im well known in a different one but they are clueless... I recently bought a Used Duratrax Overdrive.. It a pretty sweet truck.. But I cannot get the two speed to be set right.. When I checked the screw on the clutch was in all the way.. So I back it out 5.5 turns like the directions said and it still doesnt work yet there is another screw and i dont know what it does... I dont know if it holds the shoes closer or what I just need some advice because I challenged someone to a race in about 4 days....
  6. tnx

tnx Member

well, do u run your truck for about 1 min first, then the gears are a bit wamredup, and then the setting is more easilt kept...thats what my manual says neway.

i cant help you ne further, because im a bit newbie on the perspective[:p]

Tim
  7. xerox

xerox Member

i was woundering if anyone knew if it is good to run a two speed in a nitro rs4 mt2
  8. Twitch

Twitch New Member

Has Anyone had difficulties with running a two speed off road on an Hpi nitro mt?
  9. rockn82

rockn82 Marx Brother

HEY XEROX whats up... The two speed is not a direct fit in the MT2. But it will fit. :) you will need new drive cups and the rs4 trans shaft. You may need new dogbones since the ones on the old MT are a little Bigger. But that should do it. We have a guy running one now with the two speed and it flies with the new T-15.

Twitch: No difficulties at all mine has an rs4 rtr3 trans in it and does about 65 MPH. With a little modding in other areas too. Be advisied that running it off-road will make for a shorter trans life because of dirt and debris. But if you don't care have fun and keep a spare first gear one-way on hand.
  10. Twitch

Twitch New Member

Hey Rockn, check out my site http://rcorra.tripod.com/offroad/, There's a list of my mods somewhere... I want to know about your water cooling and your glasspack, if you don't want to post it, email me. As a matter of fact, why doesn't everyone here check my site out and spread the word. Send me pics of your nitro trucks,with a description and your name / username an I'll put it up. Oh yeah, I'll link to your site rockn...
  11. rockn82

rockn82 Marx Brother

Ill throw together a 3D rendition of the glasspack and try to post it on the site. Mine was waaaaay heavy due to the lack of an aluminum welder :( lol so i turned to copper. Any way ill try to have it up by next week.
  12. Twitch

Twitch New Member

Pretty dead around here...
  13. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

it gets dead but then gets more lively!
  14. Twitch

Twitch New Member

My piston and sleeve come in 3 days !!!
    Can't wait to break 'er in...!
    The O so sweet smell of freshly burnt nitro...
  15. rockn82

rockn82 Marx Brother

Well I got that 3D rendition of the glasspack done. Here it is.

[file]Glasspack.JPG,2131,,0[/file]

Ill also try to stick it on my site just incase this goes down.

WWW.youbetnet.com/~rockn82
  16. tnx

tnx Member

tahts very interesting, this is totally different from exhausts on stock vehicles right? sounds great,altho i wont be able to make it myself [xx(] Are u going to make that, or is some1 else in the mood for some nice manual labor?

Tim
  17. xerox

xerox Member

hey guys
    i was just woundering about how can i fix my differentials in ther front and the back because it always breaks because the ring gears keeps breaking because the drive cups are too loose and i can't find a way to fix it and i even tryed to put spacers and it didn't work at all so then it broke again and also everytime i try to tune m7y engine it goes really hot and a lot of smoke comes out and i thought that it might be because it might have an air leak i don't know so if you can help that would be great thanks.
  18. RockStarZeus

RockStarZeus Member

Hello all! I recently bought a Traxxas Stampede (electric) and have been looking for aftermarket parts for it. One member directed me to Towerhobbies. They had more parts than the traxxas web site but mostly spares, not a lot of performance parts.:(I was wondering if anyone else had any suggestions of where to look or should I buy a bunch of aluminum stock and make my own;)TIA
  19. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

if you have the machines to do it maybe go for it? Hey ill send ya some parts for my 4tec, wana make me some too ;)
  20. RockStarZeus

RockStarZeus Member

We have a pretty good metal shop at my college. Seen them make some pretty wicked #@$% . Maybe I will go have a talk with them....