anyone need help with something ask here

Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by mpracing, Nov 11, 2002.

1. backyardbasher4life

backyardbasher4life New Member

hey im not mpracing but i am 1 of his friends. 1/8 scale cars are good and are really fun but u have to think. are u going to race? they are very tempermental and u fry a servo alot quicker. just a reminder though of all the frustration u might have. but what car is good i think is the car that mpracing is selling it is an ofna mbx r2 plus i think but that car perfoms well

p.s. NEVER GET A XTM THEY ARE A WASTE OF MONEY
  2. Coco

Coco New Member

hey, i already have a 1/10 buggy, a kyosho inferno tr-15 (my first car), but i have a lot of problems with it, especially pull-start breaking. no, i wont race the buggy, i just want it to be fast, and can take a lot of things throwing at it. thanks:)
  3. waz

waz New Member

[?]would a wild dagger be a good car to begin with? I am not gona race but i need it to be fast, tough and easy to build and clean
  4. backyardbasher4life

SIOSIOS WELL I WAS READING ABOUT THAT U WERE WONDERING OF HOW DO U PORT AN POLISH UR MOTOR WELL I NEED ABOUT 100 BUCKS AND GO TO UR LOCAL IMPORT CAR DEALERSHIP AND ASK THEM TO DO THAT BECAUSE THEY DO IT FOR THE MOTOR AND AIRINTAKE SYSTEM JUST TRY TO FIND THEM HOPE THAT HELPS
  5. dcarman

dcarman New Member

What would happen if you put a traxxis brand fuel into a hpi car? Would it mess the car up at all
  6. backyardbasher4life

nope it dosent matter as long if it isnt 30% nitro only thin u have to watch out is for the % of nitromethane
  7. mpracing

mpracing Member

dcarman,
    no, r/c glow fuel for cars are all basically the same, just some are for backyard bashing, racing, for fun. But backyardbasher4life is totally correct. Traxxas fuel just keeps the temperatures down on your engine more than other fuels may.

mpracing
  8. mpracing

mpracing Member

coco,
    I would recommend getting a starter box, it will solve all of your problems with a pull-start. And for a fast buggy, get a .12 engine, for example get a OS .12 CVR or Novarossi MT12. And for the durablility part, get aluminum parts all the way. Anymore question?? Ask, I will look further into this for you.

mpracing
  9. mpracing

mpracing Member

waz,
    You should just by an electric RTR. I would get a associated T3, or like an HPI MT (electric). I will try to find more, but looks these up or ask at your local hobby shop.

mpracing
  10. Coco

Coco New Member

Hey again,[|)] I'm still looking for another buggy cause there arent any aluminum parts for my inferno tr-15. Yeah, I think i'm gonna get a starter box, but one other thing. I also have a T-Maxx [:eek:)] (not the new 2.5) with a M16 engine, but with that pull start, it also broke. T-Maxxes wont take starter boxes and I dont know how to replace a pull start on a M16.[?] I've replaced plenty on my tr-15, but none on the maxx. If you could help me again, then uhhhh... Thank you very much. [:p]
  11. backyardbasher4life

its easy for an m-16 i have 1 of those motors. is the srting broke?id it is just pull the black peice out dont be scared the spring wont come out.or is the spring broke? if so get some neeedle nose pliers and just make a l shape with it and put the black plate back on. hope that helps
  12. Coco

Coco New Member

yeah, the string broke.[xx(] I took off the pull start, but I still dont know what to do with it. should I replace it? is it replaceable? or is there another way.
  13. waz

waz New Member

yo mp
    i dont really like the look of them and shouldn't the wild dagger be faster with the 2 motors
  14. backyardbasher4life

no they arnet replace able u can only buy the whole pullstart or just wrap around the string and put it back in the hole just make sure that the string is atleast 6inches long so will have some more string to repair it if it breaks again hope that helps
  15. waz

waz New Member

which is the first hop-up i should get for the wild dagger apart from oil shocks and what are the best motor to get for because i am just about to buy it
  16. rockn82

rockn82 Marx Brother

Bolt on Notice a big difference part is Exhaust manifold and tuned pipe Everybody has a fav mine is CVEC. Cause you tune it.
  17. mpracing

mpracing Member

waz,
    I would get the best motor you can, shocks I wouldnt worry about for now. I would get a Trinity D-4 Modified 6 Turn Single. Anymore questions just ask me, hope this helps.

rockn82,
    I dont understand what you are saying, it is weired.

Coco,
    Just buy a whole new pull-start or Bump Starter, try it.

mpracing
  18. waz

waz New Member

19. Ozzman Cameron

Ozzman Cameron New Member

I have a duratrax torq .21 engine. It seems to be losing compression, so i want to rebuild it. The problem is that i cant get the piston sleeve out of the block. Also, it is not specific to this engine. My last engine for this car, also a torq 21, threw the rod. When i went to take it apart, the sleeve didn't come out. Is it some evil duratrax scheme, or is it something i am doing wrong?
  20. mpracing

mpracing Member

Cameron,
    I am not to familiar with duratrax, but I know this may sound funny, but I think there Torq. 21 are un-re-buildable, have you tried going to their website? Go to FAQ section and see if taht solves your problem. If that doesnt you may need to buy a new engine, I would recommend an Ofna Hyper 21 8 - Ported Turbo, they are very dependable, or the new Ofna .25. But gives these options a try, and tell me how it goes!

mpracing