anyone need help with something ask here

Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by mpracing, Nov 11, 2002.

1. The Ghost

The Ghost New Member

After run oil is good but I know people who have run in the RC world for over 30 years and they never used After Run Oil and all has been fine, it doesn't hurt but when you read things about it everyone makes it sound like do it or else... just as an FYI for everyone, I removed my Savage stock S-25 engine and added a XTM 6 port Racing Pro Big Block and that engine ROCKS!!! I was running over the weekend with about 6 other Savage owners and they had everything from a Hyper 8 Port, Picco .26 Outlaw, Truckzilla 47 and stock engines as well... I smoked them all... I can't go past 1/4 throtle or it flips over and screams at me ;) this thing is all power... I have never seen anything like it. I used different tire sizes and I just can't eat up some of the low end power... I am running a 52 tooth spur gear with a 15 tooth clutch bell so my next step is to move to a 18 tooth clutch to try and gear the power for speed... since it makes 2 much power... lol Did I just say that :0 Also, I am running a great low end pipe the Ofna Pirate pipe... this thing smokes all... if you want a great engine to put in your truck or buggy check out the XTM 6 port Racing Pro Engine... well worth the price... or if the power is 2 much save the 50.00 and go with the XTM 4 port Engine... it has a little less low end power...
  2. niner

niner Member

My hot bodies lightning for some reason will start up fine but when you are at wot and let off the POS just dies, and sometimes will idle fine for a little while and die. Can some one help me?
  3. htwheels29

htwheels29 New Member

I just got a duratrax thunderquake about 4 months ago i got about 1/2 gal. ran thru it but its been acting up lately can anyone help?
  4. TCable

TCable Member

htwheels29 - I am sure someone will be able to help, but you will need to be more specific about what you mean by 'acting up'.
  5. TCable

TCable Member

niner - some suggestions:
    1. check the fuel filter to see if it is clogged
    2. check for air bubbles in the fuel line/maybe a small leak
    3. check your glow plug/maybe fouled
    4. make sure your air filter is not clogged
    5. you maybe need to tune the engine, just follow the instructions that came with your engine or search this forum for tips on tuning your engine
  6. TCable

TCable Member

What is the best glue to use for attaching your tires to the rims? I would like to be able to remove the tire after it is worn and re-use the rim. I tried the glue that the hobby shop gave me, but it doesn't glue the tire very well.
  7. niner

niner Member

i checked all that except the feul line, im thinking the throttle linkage is closing off the carb when i hit the breaks on the car cus it did it every time i hit the breaks.
  8. TCable

TCable Member

Then you probably need to screw in the throttle stop screw a small amount.
  9. Skandranon

Skandranon Member

I just had my hpi rs4 mt 1 out for the first time today. I got it used and its all broken in. I had some problems getting it to stay running. I was following the manual's tuneing directions. The last time it stoped on my I pulled the pull cord and it didnt go back in. I tryed to pull it a little farther and it just made it worse. I cant get it to go back in. What do I do? Thanks!
  10. Skandranon

Skandranon Member

I figured out I can roll the something or another backward and roll it back in. This may be enofe to start the truck the hard way. Is doing this bad for the engine?
  11. monsterrcbuilder04

monsterrcbuilder04 Active Member

are you talking about the pull start? if so then maybe you need a new onbe or a bearing is shot
  12. Skandranon

Skandranon Member

I took the pull starter out and recoiled it. It works more or less ok for the moment. I also installed a new glow plug. Much better.
  13. skidilydidily1

skidilydidily1 Member

hey ya , i have been looking at alot of cars to start off with an am gunna chose a duratrax evader bx ( i think electric would be best to start off with dont u think lol ) but was wondering which battery an motor would be best not for maxx speed but fast enuf for a beginer but has a good like span in them ? also i would like to know which type of charger i would have to get for this ! as there is so many to chose i kinda confused myself whilst looking lol , ?? advice would be nice haha :) thanks in advance !!
  14. monsterrcbuilder04

the stock setup should be fine for you. get a peak/quick charger.a duratrax charger is good. i dont know any european sites so i cant give you examples of what to order
  15. rustler

rustler Member

a duratrax charger whould work fine, also if you are just a beginer the motor that it comes with i think is just fine for right now. I know that 25-30 mph doesnt sound all that fast but it really is a nice speed to start off with
  16. rustler

rustler Member

sorry about that monsterrcbuilder i didnt realie that i was typing basically the same thing as you
  17. skidilydidily1

skidilydidily1 Member

ok cheers, other question i have whats the diffrence between ac dc ? (lol not the band ) , bad joke i know ! ,
  18. monsterrcbuilder04

no big deal man but 25mph is really a lot once you drive it. most tracks you wont be able to get that high of a speed
  19. rustler

rustler Member

yea that is true i never really thought of that because i have never raced before
  20. TCable

TCable Member

skidilydidily1,

Ac (alternating current) is what comes out of the outlet you plug all of your appliances into (and your battery chargers). DC (direct current) is what you get from batteries. To charge a battery, you need an AC to DC converter, which is standard in all battery chargers you plug into an AC outlet.

AC current alternates the positive/negative charge because it is usually created by a large turbine, which looks like a huge electric motor. As the alternator is turned it generates electricity + - + - + -, because as it rotates, the + and - terminals reverse. Your battery puts out DC voltage, because it doesn't move nor do the terminals change voltage. The positive is always positive and the negative is always negative.

This is over-simplification, because I am leaving out a few steps for AC (i.e. three phase to single phase conversion), but the general idea is correct.