anyone need help with something ask here

Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by mpracing, Nov 11, 2002.

1. jackal575

jackal575 Member

what scale is the kyo ultima ST GP?? i cant find any info of any use there, what is the gear ratio that they give you out of the box??? can sum1 tell me PLZ!!??
  2. monsterrcbuilder04

monsterrcbuilder04 Active Member

the prices that hpi gives a suggested retail price so it would be cheaper at some stores. i have heard of that store and people say it is great for nitro
  3. monsterrcbuilder04

i dont know what the ratio is but you could count the teth.lol
  4. Trashcanoccupant449

Trashcanoccupant449 Member

5. Trashcanoccupant449

Oh ya, the ultima's are 1/10 scale.
  6. jackal575

jackal575 Member

Thanks oscar (trashcanoccupant)
  7. Trashcanoccupant449

8. The Ghost

The Ghost New Member

I wanted to clean my Savage 25 RTR today and when I was putting the girl back together I realized I have no clue how much the shock nuts should be tightened... Should the nuts at the top and bottom of each shock be tightened all the way or should there be room between the clamps and shock tower? This is my first truck and I would hate to have them all the way and take a nice jump only to brake something...
  9. monsterrcbuilder04

well on my cars i tighten them all the way and nothing wrong but i would leave a space between the 2 peices of plastic. maybe like 1/16 of an inch. mine dont tuch plastic to plastic when tightened all the way. there is still a little gap.
  10. mxking171

mxking171 Member

hey monster I agree thats the way it should be i think on the savage like on mine i tighten them all the way and they work best but w/e o ya and monster do u like your savage better that your maxx?
  11. TCable

TCable Member

I am new to nitro, so please help! I just purchase a Kyosho TR15 1/10 buggy and put it together according to the instructions. I have tried to start it, but it will not start most of the time and only runs 10-20 seconds when it does start. I have tried to set the idle screw up higher (and lower) than in the instructions, but it doesn't really help. It just runs a few seconds and dies. (Most of the time it won't even start.) Also, I am using an OFNA starter box as I hated the recoil starter. The instructions said to set the needle setting (it only has one) two turns from closed, which I have it set to also.
  12. xerox

xerox Member

hey mp racing i was woundering have you driven the rs4 mt2 and if you did what did you find good about it and what did you find bad about it and what did you find good about it also what seemed to break alot and what do you think what would be good to replace it with and also can you think of any good hopups for it off the top of you head b/c i am think of getting a nitro rs4 mt2 in two weeks but i am trying to get alot of info for it first before i get it.

thanks alot
  13. monsterrcbuilder04

yes i am more of a basher so i like the savage but my friend beat me on the track with his maxx.
  14. monsterrcbuilder04

i really dont know what to tell you with your engine but it might have somethig to do with when you broke it in.
  15. TCable

TCable Member

I haven't broke in the engine yet since it hasn't run more than 45 seconds total. Could I have hurt the engine by trying to start it too many times?
  16. monsterrcbuilder04

i dont think so but you should contact the company and tell them about it. they could have done something to it while manufactuering it and they will probably replace it.
  17. alisar70

alisar70 Member

i took apart my engine nw i dont know how to put it together again
    anyone got a LINK showing me how
  18. jackal575

jackal575 Member

hi, i need help with my inferno tr-15 kyod,
    i was going to buy an ultima st but the shop had run out of stock so i bought the inferno. i put it all together in about 7hrs (it took so long because none of the spurs had numberd peices). finally i got to go downstairs and drive it around the carpark (being very careful) to break it in. it was guzzling loads of fuel and the mixture was really rich so thts y it was guzzling fuel. but wen i got just about to finish the 1st tank, it cut out it had about 5 mm of fuel left so, i filled it up agen, sticked in the glow plug and it wouldnt start. i then reallized that the whole car had locked up. i checked brakes and stuff but nothing. then i took off the clutch bell and found the clutch shoes melted into blobs randomly around the clutch. i took off all the melted clutch shoe and put it all back together. i ran fine for another couple of tanks so i decided to lean the engine out a bit before the break in was completed. agen, i had almost finished the fourth tank wen it had started to lean out due to lack of fuel. i was bringing it back to me when it stopped (inevitably) so i filled it up and leaned it out another half turn. the engine would not start agen. so i brought it back another half turn but still wouldnt start. so i decided to call it a day and go home. when i got here, i took off the clutch bell and my clutch was fully #@$%ed. it was cracked completly and a metal ring was stuck on the inside. petrol was also leaking out of evrywhere. the flywheel, the starter, a #@$% load out of the exhaust. HELP!!!!!!!!!!
  19. jackal575

jackal575 Member

sorry, under closer inspection, the metal ring in my clutch isnt metal, its melted clutch under centrifugal force. lol
  20. alisar70

alisar70 Member

test

-------------------------------------------------------
    test