anyone need help with something ask here

Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by mpracing, Nov 11, 2002.

1. monsterrcbuilder04

monsterrcbuilder04 Active Member

it goes around 40mph stock just like the t-maxx but the savage is a lot stronger. it is better for a bigginer because it requirs less tuning and you dont brake as many parts. that is a big place and they have a lot of great stuff there. i had a hard time choosing but everyone i knew said that the t-maxx was great. now i only wish i went with the savage first. working on making mine electric.
  2. The Ghost

The Ghost New Member

Well, today I to the Savage 25 out for its very first day of high speed action. The guy who works at the store I bought it from invited me to a gravel/sand pit he and his friends have been going to and WOW!!! This Savage rocks... everyone their had three to four Nitro Trucks that are professional and/or really highend stuff. Everyone said they couldn't get over how well the Savage ran. I had 15 - 25 foot jumps and this thing took it like a champ. My Savage Body isn't as nice... lol but the truck still looks brand new. After the first 5 minutes it was really a bash and thrash type of day. This thing is 100% stable of jumps and I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!
  3. ericmcgehee

ericmcgehee Member

ok, i took out the front axle, and it wass fun, but almost uncontrolable, so i put it back in. now i have a new problem. actually i have been having this prob., but anyways, my t maxx has no low end torq. it is like it has really sslow responce. the battery pack is chargedd, and pulls the carb open fast, but after it is open, it takes like 2-3 seconds to really take off.could this just be the low end needle, or a compression problem? also, just before i run out of fuel, it gets a little air in the fuel line and runs like @$&&, is there a way to make it run like that all the time?
  4. monsterrcbuilder04

well i'd try the low end needle first but it could be the compresion. whats sensored? put a space or something in it.
  5. The Ghost

The Ghost New Member

Well, the Savage 25 is working out very well. I had some sick air today and loved every minute of it! monsterrcbuilder04</u> I see you have a Savage 25... maybe you can (or anyone for that matter) answer a question for me. I bought a far better air filter than the tiny one HPI sends with their Savage 25 and will most likely upgrade the remote within the next week or so... WHAT'S NEXT? I am happy with the performance of the truck but know the stock parts are not always the best. Looking for a priority upgrade to make the truck even better...
  6. monsterrcbuilder04

pretty much just buy the cvd's and dont worry about anything else until they break. all the aluminum which isnt needed looks nice but its a little pricy. you might want to get the 4 spider diff mod. if your looking for more power check out the xtm 24.7 a lot of savage guys like that.

check this site out.

www.savage-central.com
  7. The Ghost

The Ghost New Member

monsterrcbuilder04</u> I love Savage-Central... it has some really cool movies in the forums section. Thanks for the ideas... I am not sure if I am ready for more power just yet, this baby seems to move well. I haven't even found enough room (I ran in a Sand Pit for jumping) to open her up. I did take on two Ofna Dominators which I smashed into the ground. I could tell the trucks are faster than mine but off road they just can't keep up with me. The Savage 25 is super stable in air and on harsh tracks... so said the Newbie lol Thanks again
  8. monsterrcbuilder04

no prob. i'm working on making mine electric. you all might think im crazy but it sounds cool to me.
  9. ericmcgehee

ericmcgehee Member

i was trying to keep it clean. when it gets air in with the fuel, it runs great. it will often flip over backwards when this happens. has this ever happened to one of you? and what are your thoughts on the slow responce ?
  10. ewendell

ewendell Member

how do I post a picture? every time Itry my computer sends me to yahoo and that isn't working
  11. ericmcgehee

ericmcgehee Member

when you click on reply to topic, then you need to click on upload. upload your pics, then download the to your reply.by the way, does any one know how to delete the pics in my profile, so i can upload other pics? i hit the delete button, but it doesn't work.
  12. monsterrcbuilder04

does it flip over backwards in the air or on the ground?
  13. ericmcgehee

ericmcgehee Member

on the ground. it wheelies, and keeps going on over upside down.it is like it runs alot better when there is air bubbles in the fuel line, which i would have thought would have the oposit effect .
  14. monsterrcbuilder04

it sounds like it is geared low but the motor might just need some adjustments
  15. ericmcgehee

ericmcgehee Member

also today i took my maxx out and picked it up by the bumpers, and ran it wide open. when i let off the gas, the front right tire stopped, and the rest of the wheels kept spinning. would this just be a bad berring, or might there be something else wrong?
  16. monsterrcbuilder04

i dont think it was the bearing.that would just cause it to loose speed. it might have something to do with your diff. take a look at it.
  17. danclow

danclow New Member

hi, can you help me. i use a CEN Racing rally car. at the moment it is stock, what you suggest in making it better. it can be anything. pease help.
  18. monsterrcbuilder04

i dont know much about ralley cars but maybe some new gears. or a hi-torgue sterring servo.what engine does it have? any info on the car could help people give you ideas.
  19. alisar70

alisar70 Member

whos got a smartech nitro buggy
    WINNER SPORT
  20. monsterrcbuilder04

i think your the only one here man.lol