anyone need help with something ask here

Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by mpracing, Nov 11, 2002.

1. duratraxst1

duratraxst1 New Member

2. monsterrcbuilder04

monsterrcbuilder04 Active Member

yes thats a great car. are you plaining to get it RTR or as a KIT. either way its a good choice. good beginer car
  3. joshua2verizon

joshua2verizon New Member

the ST PRO is beginner? the maximum ST PRO? its pretty fast to me, well i guess that doesnt make it novice. the (maximum) st pro is a good choice. ;)
  4. joshua2verizon

i recently posted a message on stripping one of my engine's screws head. well after a few days of drilling, grinding, fileing i finally got the head off. now how do i get the screw out!? i tried needle nose pliers but its too tight. what if i were to heat it up?
  5. monsterrcbuilder04

6. joshua2verizon

i cant because the screw is inside, it doesnt stick out
  7. monsterrcbuilder04

could you drill it out. you would have to be carful coase you could strip the head.
  8. joshua2verizon

i cut off the head. basically its just a stick inside. AHH i dont think ill ever be able to get it out
  9. monsterrcbuilder04

you could try drilling it out. if you stripped the block then you could probably use a bigger screw and bigger hole.
  10. mastmec

mastmec Member

Try a very small reverse cut drill bit and do it slow, it will grip the bolt and bring it out. Just make sure you get in the center of the bolt, use a small punch first.
  11. monsterrcbuilder04

thats kind of like an easy-out
  12. joshua2verizon

ok it worked but took me a while. i almost hollowed the whole screw out before it finally fit tight enough to screw out lol. thanks :)
  13. The Ghost

The Ghost New Member

14. The Ghost

The Ghost New Member

HELP...HELP...HELP! I know this is long but I feel it is needed to understand were I am at... I have always wanted to race RC cars but never invested the time or money into the hobby. Now that I am 30 I have made a choice to have some fun and enjoy this to its fullest! I made the mistake by going to Toys R Us (I know...I know... I am a Newbie) and bought a Nikko Defender for $100.00. For a lack of better word it was total CRAP! So I returned it to the store and headed to the local hobby shop who in turn showed me a Tamiya Mad Bull. The owner's son has had one for about 1 year and let me see it in action out in the lot next to the store. It didn't look bad, but I had some questions, such as Electric vs. Nitro and the owner told me they stopped offering Nitro products since they always have issues and the customer would need to carry a million $2.00 parts to fix it evertime they took it out of the house. I was shocked but still it sounded real enough to a Newbie like me so I was going to buy the Mad Bull. After batteries, remote and tax I was looking at $300.00 (a far cry from the $100.00 Nikko). However I am willing to pay for the level of fun I want! yet, it didn't sit well with me so I went home to think on it and stopped at another hobby shop who stated they are New England's Biggest RC Store. I went in and the guy told me (in response to the Electric vs. Nitro question) only to look at Nitro!!! He also said the other store is great for trains and models but his store only deals with RC stuff... so they know what they are talking about. He highly... Highly... HIGHLY recommended (pushed more like it) for me to buy a Ofna Dominator - RTR ($479.00 for truck, batteries, kill switch installed and tax = $576.00). Ouch, this price has jumped a few times in a short period of time and now I am totally mixed up. Please help me understand what is a good First time RC Truck or Buggy that isn't going to be Pro level but isn't going to make me wish I spent $50.00 extra bucks to get more power. I am lost and about to give up I think. I know this seems stupid and everyone has their own opinions but pleae try and help a Newbie... looking to become a fellow RC guy...
  15. duratraxst1

duratraxst1 New Member

hey man i had that question my first car too are u looking for electric or nitro? my first car was traxxas electric stampede then it was getting a little slow and i wanted to try somthing new so i bought a hpi savage 21 its nitro anyways i really liked it but couldnt affford the fuel so i sold it and bought an E-maxx and wow this thing is what i was looking for but i kinda want to sell it I have had it for about a week or 2 now i want to get back into nitro so i can race with my freinds out at our track you should buy my E-maxx if you want you can think about it and Email me at mxking171@hotmail.com its a great truck and comes rtr i think i have put 8 sets of batteries through it or prolly less so its a great truck hardly used email me and tell me what you think. thanks Mason
  16. duratraxst1

duratraxst1 New Member

oops this is my brothers acount and i just made this big post my real acount on here is mxking171 hahaha i guess i should log him off
  17. monsterrcbuilder04

what was the name of the stores? i think anything from traxxas would be great. you can always get new motors and stuff for the car if you want more speed and power.i have the traxxas bandit. its electric and it goes 26mph stock. it might not seem like a lot but you will probably have a hard time controling it on the track
  18. mastmec

mastmec Member

Ghost, if your good with engines and like tuning, then go with nitro. If you like electric motors and batteries, go for electric. They both are easy to run, cost about the same, and break just the same. Nitro requires more maintainance, cleaning and tuning. Electric is mainly cleaning once it's tuned.
  19. The Ghost

The Ghost New Member

Thanks for everyone who posted to my cry for help... mxking171</u> thanks for the offer but I don't think I am ready to have a second owned truck and some of the issues that can come from it. monsterrcbuilder04</u> the stores are Color and Hobby in Warwick, RI (the one that only has electric), and Brands Hobby in Providence, RI (The largest RC Store in New England). mpracing</u> I am not sure if I am or will be good with Nitro Engines but that is the way I went. I found myself in the store last night again, like a little kid (unable to wait), and was really looking long and hard at the Ofna Dominator RTR. I liked its low design like a stadium truck and the owner really likes them. However, this guy came in who happened to be at the store on my last two visits and he started talking to me about his trucks. He pointed me in the direction of the HPI Savage 25 RTR. He loves it and said he liked it so much he bought another to have (one tuned for racing and the other for jumps). He made some really good points and the owner when asked said it was a good truck, he just likes the OFNA since it has a proven track record and the Savage 25 has only been around for about a year or so. He did say it is a far more stable truck in the air and runs well. I ended up buying one and all the goodies to go with it. My final choice of the Savage 25 was based on the recommendation of the guy who owns two and few other things which sounded right to a Newbie (lol)... the truck has more plastic than metal so it will take impacts with a little flex vs. the Domiator which is mostly metal would have far less flex and when it goes it could damage other parts as well. It sits much higher and comes with a Roto-Start vs. the Dominator's Pull-Start (which I didn't like). The owner even said the Savage 25 will require less tunning and set up than the Dominator and he has sold a ton of them with little customer issues. Plus I have heard some awesome things about HPI and their customer service. Thanks again for everyone who took the time to post... I hope I made the right or at least a good choice. I will post some pics and info the weekend to let you know how it goes...
  20. mxking171

mxking171 Member

good job man good luck with your car I think that truck goes pretty fast but im not sure but you will have fun with it just be patiente with nitro lol