anyone need help with something ask here

Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by mpracing, Nov 11, 2002.

1. A J G 3 6 6

A J G 3 6 6 Member

120 games?????? WOW

not much time to play all the games huh?lol
  2. rc10gt3jimbo

rc10gt3jimbo Member

yeah, i saw it at my frineds house and HAD to have it,, hwat i didnt think of was the fact rc is my hobby, as well as paintball, im an aprentice so i work a bit, then my day hours are spent in the parking lot, nihgt drinkin a beer and day at work , i guess i just overestamated my freetime, and saw a cadalack of toys and just had to have it, dont get me worng i still like having 120 games, but id rather some one have them that will use em and me have somehing ill use, ohh and its more like 130 games but i didnt wanna over estanmate them, lmao , , if i put 3 hours into each game,, 1 hour a day it would take me a year to play them all , and who do i think im kiddin that i have 1 hour 365 days a year. mebe some one has kids or nephews or somthing or some colllege kid with 200 people over each day ,, thats the optimum user for this stockload of games, some one with way to much time on there hands lol
  3. ericmcgehee

ericmcgehee Member

ok the problem i was having was not the brushes at all, the screw on the slipper disc was loose.but now i have a new problem. my t3 goes alot faster in reverse. i have switched the wires around, and it still goes faster in reverse. any thoughts? also i need to make my truck faster, actually as fast as i can get it. should i go brushless, or which motor, esc combo would you sugest?
  4. shimsham

shimsham New Member

I am wanting to replace the stock t15 in my hpi mt2 with a sirio s18tx it has the sg type shaft and the t15 has a standard what will i need to make the change in shaft work
  5. mastmec

mastmec Member

Check the timing on the motor, if you have it retarded it will be advanced in reverse and run much stronger.
  6. ericmcgehee

ericmcgehee Member

how do you time them, i read that you just spin the shell, or outer case, but i don't see how that would make any diference. i mean really the ony thing you can turn is the disc that the cap with the brushes on it screws into, which would spin the outer cap, not the shell. im using the speed gems 2 motor. any thoughts. also you said the novac compares to the 27 turn. the lower the turn, the faster it goes isn't it? wouldn't that be slower than my 17 double?
  7. mastmec

mastmec Member

The Novak Stock system compares to the 27t motor, the other systems don't, and yes it might be slower than your 17t D.
    Timing, on your endbell, the two screws that tighen it, there should be a mark right under them. Those are your timing markers. On your can there are four indents than hold the ring that your endbell screws to, the one that is inline with your mounting holes is center. Looking at the motor with the endbell up the mark should be just to the right of the endent in the can, maybe 1/8 of an inch.
  8. ericmcgehee

ericmcgehee Member

when you say the novac system, are you refering to the modified? because i have heard it compares to a 12 turn. and when you time it, if you turn it counter clock wise its should go faster right? i believe that is what i read, and not to turn it over 20 degrees.
  9. mastmec

mastmec Member

"Novak system", I was refering to the brushless stock system from Novak, it compares to a stock motor as far as RPM.
    As far as timing goes, yes you turn it counter clock wise to advance the timing, and don't go over 20 deg.
  10. jonatay

jonatay New Member

I have a DuraTrax Evader ST with a newly installed Novak Super Sport Brushless Motor System and am having many problems. After only 1 1500mAH battery pack the ESC overheated and shut down. I came in to the troubleshooting guide which isn't much and found that I may have too low a gear ratio. I had 23T pinion and 88T spur. So i changed to a 20T pinion. I also read about receiver interference with the ESC so I moved my receiver closer to the front of the car. After several hours to allow the ESC to cool back down. I took it out with another 1500mAH battery pack. This time it was the same thing. It got really hot after about 5 mins. Also, It seems to have maybe some interference problems which I have never seen before. Sometimes It may turn to the right without actually making it turn. The red LED that should stay on in neutral will sometimes flicker. Is there anything that Im doing wrong? Somebody please help!
  11. rc10gt3jimbo

rc10gt3jimbo Member

some esc's get rel hot if u rock em foward to reverse repeatedly, take note i have no experiance with brushless, also your gearing sounds off, but again im no expert, surprised to hear problems with 1500 batery, its definatly not the best out there ,
  12. ericmcgehee

ericmcgehee Member

ok if you turn it over 20 degrees, what will happen? i melted my speed control, and that has never got that hot before.
  13. alisar70

alisar70 Member

lol melted your speed control HOW DID U DO THAT
  14. jonatay

jonatay New Member

Ok smart A$$ alisar70.......its not melted it has thermal protection so it just shuts down. I just dont know why it gets hot so fast and shuts down. Please keep your mouth shut and let a pro handle this problem
  15. alisar70

alisar70 Member

look dude im just asking the guy How it melted please dont be be rude
  16. jlmoreno911

jlmoreno911 Member

Most ESC's get hot if you are making your car go slow, the ESC has to limit the power going to the motor and that is why it gets hot, make sure your have it in a place where air will get to it.

If It didn't come with a heat sink, you might want to add one to it.
  17. jonatay

jonatay New Member

I contacted Novak about it the problem today and they say I need to lower my pinion gear to about 17 or 18 teeth. I guess we'll see what happens.
  18. jonatay

jonatay New Member

Well now I just run the motor with no load on it and it still overheated. Novak wants me to send it back. Darn the bad luck!
  19. ericmcgehee

ericmcgehee Member

well the contact for the pos. side got really hot, and melted the plastic, and now the two connection dont meet.by the way it is the msc,i know i know it is crap anyways.
  20. alisar70

alisar70 Member

URm i know allot about These electric cars Drive it with the body Off Not in dirt just In tarmac IF the eninge is much cooler then With the body on drill small holes in each side of the BODY trust me i have 8 electric cars