anyone need help with something ask here

Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by mpracing, Nov 11, 2002.

1. Aussie_in_NJ

Aussie_in_NJ New Member

so you think that a double will be ok

cool

i was looking at the speed gems

streak sounds good ecept i doesn't have reverse for driving around my backyard
  2. Trashcanoccupant449

Trashcanoccupant449 Member

Ya, it doesnt have a brake but as you progress in driving skills, you really start to not need reverse. Also, motors are only meant to be run in one direction, if you run a motor in reverse it will lessen the life of the motor.
  3. Aussie_in_NJ

Aussie_in_NJ New Member

maybe i wont need reverse but i use it all the time on my tamiya. should i get a 12,14,15,16 or 17 turm speed gem??? I think ill get a duratrax intelispeed 12 w/ reverse. the kit recomends 17 but i want more speed :D[}:)]:D

PS- it will take a long time fo me to get good (and the terrain that i drive on [mounds of woodchips an on pathes covered wit leaves and up snowbanks] i might need reverse to get off a hill ect.

thanks
  4. Trashcanoccupant449

Trashcanoccupant449 Member

Ya, I know what you mean. I drive in snow all the time and getting off of snowbanks is pretty annoying. For the motor size, it really is all up to you. The faster you want to go the lower the turn motor you want to get. Remember though, the less turns you get the faster the motor will wear out. Also, keep in mind how many winds your getting a motor. The number of winds determines the torque curve. With a 1 wind motor, you will get explosive acceleration at low RPMS, with a 4 wind motor, you will get very almost no torque at low RPMS. The power will be put on the top end of the motor, as a result you will have great top end speed but very little acceleration. You should find a medium for what kind of driving you want to do.
  5. Aussie_in_NJ

Aussie_in_NJ New Member

thanks!! Ill probably get a 14, 15 turn doble
  6. timrock

timrock Active Member

thats not true about the winds.i have a Maxtec 12t 6 wire motor and it has more torque than the D4 12 single that i also have.and has more rpms.it has more power than the D4 because is has more winds.less turns means more power and more winds means more power too but the more winds you have the heavier the armature thats why you hear that they have less torque and more RPMs.more RPMs because it has more power but not as much more torque because more of the torque is used to spin a heavier armature.
  7. Aussie_in_NJ

Aussie_in_NJ New Member

hey timrock i was looking at pictures of the RS4 MT on line and i noticed that it doesn't have a real bumper and isn't this going to be a problem because the whole thing looks a bit weak i drive a tamiya now and it looks like a block of plastic compered to the MT i drive kinda rough so do you think this will be a problem
  8. Aussie_in_NJ

Aussie_in_NJ New Member

it looks lik the suspension could be broken very easily
  9. timrock

timrock Active Member

not sure buddy.i had alot of kits but i never had that kit.if you can post the link of close up pics of it i can give you my oppinion.
  10. Aussie_in_NJ

Aussie_in_NJ New Member

11. timrock

timrock Active Member

ok i saw the pics,breifly,and i understand what you mean by `it looks a bit weak` the shock towers are very slim but im sure they are hardly weak.infact they are probably pretty tuff and made out of nylon composite material or somthing.not plastic.wich would have durbility and light weight.
  12. Aussie_in_NJ

Aussie_in_NJ New Member

13. timrock

timrock Active Member

No problem.looks like a nice kit.i just dont like belt drive systems.wel not for electric anyway.i wish they would make a stadium truck with the TC3 drive tran .that would be nice and i would buy it in a heart beat.
  14. uncle_jay

uncle_jay New Member

hey
    dose the kyosho mega force rtr monster truk come with the battery and charger for the push button ignition system or do i have to bye that separate
  15. timrock

timrock Active Member

this isnt the hobby shop uncle jay
  16. uncle_jay

uncle_jay New Member

oh cmon i mean if any1 has a mega force plz tell me i have been trying to find this out for the past 4 weeks coz im getting my mega force over the internet
  17. timrock

timrock Active Member

lol.ask who ever you are buying it from.
  18. uncle_jay

uncle_jay New Member

i cant coz im ordering it from hong kong and they dont speak english
  19. timrock

timrock Active Member

i dont think i would buy it from there then.but maybe someone in here has one and can help.
  20. waynedrayton

waynedrayton New Member

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,
    Boy am I pleased to find you!

I have just bought a secound hand Inferno DX and as your probably aware this is on old car.....so its impossible for me to find any information on it. I'm also new to the game which doesn't help, I visited a local model shop on Saturday and the guy there checked it over, after putting in a new glow plug, fuel lines and fuel we managed to get it going, he explained the tunning process using the needles etc so now I am getting there....slowly.

My main problem is the pull start on the engine.....he told me it,s the wrong one, it's only clipped onto the engine no srews so its slightly loose and a result of this is that it won't always turn the engine over?

He tried to sell me a new engine but I'm#@$% sure there is a cheaper solution....I really need to get my hands on any info, paper work about the car and the engine...

So............HELP......it would be great to have some correspondence with some one who knows his stuff.

Cheers

Craig (London)