Anyone model the Western Auto Parts Building?

b28_82

Has anyone made a model of the Western Auto Parts Building in Kansas City, MO? I have someone at work who got the animated sign from Microstructures and I thought it would be nice to display it as if it were actually on the building it really stands on. Here is a picture of the building which is now being used as condominiums. Kansas City Lofts :: Western Auto Lofts

I've never seen anyone do it but I agree it would be a prime candidate for modeling. It's an iconic brand, and the building is interesting looking. I was born in KC and visited a lot in my youth because I have so much family there, and the Kansas City skyline wouldn't be the same at all without that building and sign. Plus it's not far from Union Station and the rail lines, so I've seen plenty of nice train pics with that building in the background.

b28_82

Thanks for the input!! I've resorted to picking the windows and doors out of the DPM modular walls and am going to make a version of it. Maybe I'll get it posted on here as I'm building it for educational interests

I'd love to see it. I have plenty of fond memories in Kansas City that involved driving past that building either coming or going or both.