Anyone live near (Turin) Onawa Iowa?

jon-monon

I think this is about a 1/2 S. of Souix City, off I-29. Probably an hour from Lincoln, NE or Vermillion, SD.

Map

My grandaddy's blacksmith shop is in Turin (pop. ~50 :eek: ), 4 miles from Onawa. I would sure like to get a pic of each side and maybe a measurement of length and width. Need to model it for my layour, but more importantly, like to make one for my dad for his birthday in Oct. He always talks about that shop.

If someone is in the area and wants to go, I have a picture of the front which may help find the building. Towns so small, it should be easy to find.

Aerial view of Turin

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Jon,
Took a look at the Road atlas, and that's just too far North and West of where I'll be passing through, on the way back from Arizona, or I'd have stopped to get you some pics, and dimensons.
Pete

jon-monon

I appreciate your good intentions, Pete. Gee, you wouldn't rather vacation in beautiful sunny Turin? It gets over 20,000 hits on a google search! hehehe.

I'm hoping someone will be going very near it, hate to ask for anyone to drive out of their way. It's an interesting old shop, but not that interesting.