Anyone have the Walthers Bascule bridge?

Nick8564

Sep 3, 2004
I have been looking at the Wakthers Conerstone Bascule bridge. I was wonder if anyone could tell me the length of the actual bridge not including the approach and building? What is the approach anyways? I saw on the internet where it had a footprint of 34 inches in length. I figured a bridge almost three foot long in HO was quite long. Thanks for your help.

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
...and tall. We have one on the club layout. I'll get measurements for you when I get out there. The thing is a monster and sure is cool looking, too. :thumb:

b28_82

Jan 25, 2004
Midwest City, OK
www.geocities.com
shaygetz said:
...and tall. We have one on the club layout. I'll get measurements for you when I get out there. The thing is a monster and sure is cool looking, too. :thumb:

We have a real bascule bridge at the club now? I'm not gonna know what to do with myself when i get back at the end of the month. Did pigs start flying or did something freeze over?

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
b28_82 said:
We have a real bascule bridge at the club now? I'm not gonna know what to do with myself when i get back at the end of the month. Did pigs start flying or did something freeze over?

You have been outta town awhile haven't you? :D Yep, after 2 years of waiting, it's finally in...maybe that's why we've had 35" of rain in the last 6 weeks :rolleyes: I'll get a pic and post it tomorrow.