Anybody run Amtrak in N ?

MCL_RDG

Dec 8, 2002
S.E.PA.
Visit site
Wait'll KATO rolls out GG-1s!

I have plans to run AMTRAK! You bet! Big black GG-1s and a E-8 that wants AMTRAK paint sooooooooooooo bad.

Yeah, I'll be modeling AMTRAK when no one knew what an AMTRAK Phase scheme was.

Mark

oleirish

Nov 6, 2005
Central Point,oregon
We try again
amtrcvv6.gif

Herc Driver

Apr 18, 2005
North Carolina
Nscaler711 - I like the "grimy-ness" that the oil chalks gave you. Is that stuff hard to work with? Does is stay on well without smudging? I have not "sealed" my chalk weathering with a dull coat since I don't yet have an airbrush. So now and again, I add a little color here and there to already weathered cars and engines. But I might try the oils if they work better and give more realistic results. I've even seen a guy at a train show use his wife's old eye make-up (on the trains - not himself) to weather the trains. He preferred it to chalks because it came in better and more subtle earth tone shades and was very difficult to remove - and therefore didn't need any dull coat since it hardly smudged at all (according to him). I might give both a try.

nscaler711

Mar 23, 2007
CO MO
it can be hard to work with it smudges easily like chalks do, but i havnt yet added dull cote yet i would like to, but i dont hardly ever touch my locos un less they ar in dis-repair