Anybody have any dealings with bachmann

martinf

Feb 25, 2008
Drogheda, C. Louth, Ireland
I ordered a train set form Hobbylinc. a Amtrak centennial set. arrived 2 days ago no problem. Opened the package train set, turnouts etc all there, opened the train set and took out the locomotive and one set of boggies and a drive shaft fell out. E-mailed Hobbylinc, not their fault, e-mailed bachmann to ask them to replace only the locomotive no response yet. Did anyone deal with them ? Any idea on how long it takes for them to reply .

nkp174

Oct 10, 2006
Cincinnati, O.
I've dealt with Bachmann for years...and I've always felt their customer service (at least in the past) was stellar.

They've fixed/replaced for me over the past 20yrs...
2-3 N&W 4-8-4s
3 SP 2-8-2s
2 2-8-0s
1 John Bull
2 4-4-0s
and
probably something else.

That being said, I've never needed to send in a Spectrum locomotive.

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
They basically have a lifetime warranty. Check out their web site. The first year they'll fix or replace any engine, no charge. After that, they'll repair or replace anything they made for a flat fee plus parts. I've heard nothing but good things. I sent them a G scale loco and tender that I got as a present (I'n into N scale), I sent them a check for the flat fee and they asked for a bit more for parts. When I got it back they had applied the flat fee against the parts, and they replaced a few things that they didn't even charge me for. Plus they paid the return shipping which wasn't even part of the deal and cost them another $20. You can't deal with better people.

steamhead

Apr 16, 2005
Brownsville, TX
Hi...Check the B'mann forum. I believe that several people have commented that giving them a call is the fastest way to get their attention. The "fix" in your case is probably a replacement unit. Check it out...