Anybody but me have a Mascot?

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by fifer, Dec 13, 2006.

1. fifer

fifer Active Member

Here is my helper. He is a pewter casting hand painted by a fine artist
    (not me). Do any of you have Mascots or helpers ? Live or like mine?
    My Albuquerque Carnuel & Tijeras R.R. is based on ATSF's old Horny Toad Division and so mine is the ACTRR Horny Toad Division and thus my mascot.

[​IMG]

Mike
  2. 65GASSER

65GASSER Member

Never really thought about it. There is my girlfriends morbidly obease cat that I have to run off all the time when I'm working on my trains... but I wouldn't count that a mascot.
  3. Ralph

Ralph Remember...it's for fun!

I like it! A lot of lines have an animal mascot. Yours is very appropriate It'll be fun to see some. I'm afraid I'm not coming up with anything suitable for a Penn Central themed layout (dollar bills leaking out of boxcars?) but maybe I can think of one for my new shortline. Its loosely based on a line that went into the Catskill Mountains so maybe a bobcat....? Fun idea!
    Ralph
  4. Cannonball

Cannonball More Trains Than Brains

I have Geroge the Gargoyle sitting on my desk. He's kind of a goofy looking dude. However, my daughter would probably be closer to a mascot. She loves trains almost as much as Daddy. :D
  5. kf4jqd

kf4jqd Active Member

I never really thought about it until now. I guess I do! The top is a rattier names Bitsa. She is my ex-fience's dog. Bitsa would come downstairs and sit on my lap as I ran my trains. She also tried to lay in it while I was modelling. That didn't make me to happy. She is a very good dog.

The buttom picture is my Rock Island Line engineer bear that my sister Jennifer made for me. He now sits on a book shelf and over looks me when I am modelling. He has no name. I really should name him. Any ideas? "Rocky" The Engineer?

Andy:wave:

Attached Files:

6. railohio

railohio Active Member

Edit: Nevermind. It seems the forum software doesn't like a portion of my link.
  7. TrainClown

TrainClown Member

Percy is more of my buddy than my mascot. Although sometimes he just gets to friendly with the equipment.

TC

Attached Files: