Any shops in London?

Pixel

Oct 1, 2002
Visit site
that anyone could recommend?

I'll be there next week on business (Will be staying near Marble Arch) and figured I'd take 1/2 a day to shop. Figure I can get some Trix and Fleischman n-scale stuff to add to my layout.

Any info anyone has on shops in London or can point out to a resource on the web that may list this sort of stuff would be great.

Thanks

-Pix

Pooh Bah
Mar 25, 2002
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
Pixel:
I'm not sure about shops in London -- they seem to come and go very quickly. I think land prices in London just wipe out the small margin on model supplies.
Try the magazine Continental Modeller (published by Peco) -- they should have some ads.
A quick look through Railway Modeller doesn't show anything in downtown London, but there area few shops in the suburbs -- Harrow and Leytonstone -- don't know about continental stuff.
For magazines, most of the railway stations have good bookstores with lots of railway titles.

Pixel

Oct 1, 2002
Visit site
David,

Thanks for the info, I will be looking into picking up some mags and maybe I'll get some info on locations within the city, I've been searching the net but havent had much luck there.

I figure once I get there I can just look up places in the phone book and make some calls, this may be the more time intensive route but may be my most viable option.

-Pix

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Hi Pix,
Try this website for London model shops.
http://www.ukmodelshops.co.uk/counties/shops/lond.html

Shamus
wink.gif