Any one got a gas station on there L/O??

interurban

Hey jon I got one of them also

:D Well half a one with one end missing.
Hy Russ I`ll take the car of the ramps it was for show as I think we will try and stick to the late 40`s early 50`s:D . Nice gas pumps thou eh:)

Hi Steve glad I kicked ya butt:D :D :D :D :D Thats quite a fete all the way from Ontario;) :D :p :p
Any more Gas stations out there??????????:cool:

Clerk

I have a scratch built convenience store with a couple of pumps outside. No photo tho. This is from the last layout and saving it for the new one.

Whoops. Just rembered I got a photo from the old layout. It is the upper left side.

Attachments

• photo1.jpg
    photo1.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 295

Lighthorseman

"Speedy Andrew's"

That's got some FINE potential there, Jon! That's a porch that's just calling out for Little Mack to sprawl upon!:D

spitfire

Nice job Chris

Hi Chris, somehow this thread slipped by me until today. I love those old gas pumps! I have a couple of those too waiting to be painted. I think it's neat to use other buildings for gas stations, as you have done.

The only thing that I would suggest - and maybe I'm being too picky here - is to change the placement of the big garage doors if you can - from the left side to the right. Looking at the front of the building, I see that the office is also on the left side, which in reality would leave no room for the garage entry. If you were to move the garage doors to the opposite side, then the right half of the building (with the tall window) would be the garage and there would be adequate room for the office on the left. An even more realistic look would have those garage doors on the right front of the building. Is it too late to reassemble? Am I being way too picky about this? If so, you have my permission to smack me one and ask "and where's your layout, Val?"

One other thought.... if you're going to do that, and also plan to have the garage doors open, there was almost always a wall between office and garage with a connecting door...walls covered in girly calendars and all those other details, tools, tires, a clock etc.

How I do go on......

Cheers
:D Val

DanRaitz

This a future project. It was my grandfathers garage in Blackduck, Minnesota.

Dan

Attachments

• garage1.jpg
    garage1.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 276

DanRaitz

P.S.
Thats my grandfather "Harold" standing by the gas pump, my grandmother "Anna" in the car, the little girl is my Aunt Rose and the young man with the tire is my grandfathers brother "Albert".

spitfire

Niiiiiiice!

Dan, what a great photo! It really takes me back to those old dusty roads and quieter times! You'll have fun with that project.

cheers

interurban

Hi Val, Naaaaaaa I would`nt say that:D :D :D :D
But what is the ruling factor is the position of the Garage on the layout, Thats why I thought it better to be a building that was not a garage to begin with but has moved on to attract the clientel from the Interurban station by providing a service bay while they are out of town phew that`s my story;)
I will put every thing on the base and the fix it on the layout.
Hey Val can ya get me some H O girly pictures can ya can ya:D :D
My little people would love it. ( don`t tell jon:D )

Dan thanks a bunch for that wonderful picture Its just what the folk need to model a great old gas station. Hope you can start building it soon.
Thanks for your pic Dick glad ya found it.
Boy O Boy some great idea`s for me to pinch.:p

Russ Bellinis

Re: Hey jon I got one of them also

Originally posted by interurben
:D Well half a one with one end missing.
Hy Russ I`ll take the car of the ramps it was for show as I think we will try and stick to the late 40`s early 50`s:D . Nice gas pumps thou eh:)

Hi Steve glad I kicked ya butt:D :D :D :D :D Thats quite a fete all the way from Ontario;) :D :p :p
Any more Gas stations out there??????????:cool:

I think a car on the ramps is a great idea, or else one up on a lift.
There are a lot of nice models of cars from the era you model. I hope you can find something useful to fit.

Sir_Prize

DanR- Love the pic.
Reminds me of a station still running up in Lodi, Ohio.
Matter of fact the fellow that pumped my gas was a bit
younger than the boy on the left. It was SOOO Small Town
getting fuel pumped by an 8yr old boy.
:D
Once I get my own layout going it'll have a Fuel/Food
station. One of those modern "slick willy" things.:rolleyes:

Seeing those other stations makes me wanta get to mine,
but goota do the N-Trak first.

interurban

Been working on the Garage

So here it is now . Still got to add a few more bits of detail;)

Attachments

• p3020001.jpg
    p3020001.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 270

interurban

Milly and Ernie are getting wound up with each other.

Milly " I told ya to check the oil"
Ernie " Wind ya neck in woman"
Milly " How long we got ta wait?"
Ernie" Ya got a six pack of Pepsi out of all this What does it take ta please ya???"
Milly " puttin ruddy oil in engine"

Attachments

• p3020008.jpg
    p3020008.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 270

spitfire

Oh yeah! There ya go! Looking good Chris, my friend. Now if only those two cantankerous folks would quit arguin'....

cheers