Any N C&O modelers in the house?

Tyson Rayles

Sep 25, 2001
Poverty Acres, North Carolina
Visit site
Don't know the difference between a G7 and a Consol so I can't help you there :( , but welcome to the Gauge! :D What part of N.C. are you in??? I'm out by Bryson City (almost in Tenn.). I'm modeling a N-Scale shortline based on the Murphy branch (W.N.C.) of the Southern circa 1968.

C

Catt

Hi Jon, welcome to the Gauge and welcome to my forum (well mine and Robin's :D )

Haven't chatted for a long time,what have you been up to?

Tyson.
I'm currently in the Triad area, but soon moving to Cullowhee. Maybe we can meet up for operating sessions sometime. I have some Southern equipment of that era.

A G7 is a C&O class of Consolidation. There's a few visual differences that need to be addressed before I'll decal it as a C&O unit.

Catt!.
I've been busy! Trying to get a little more done on my layout before I abandon it for a while (going to live in a dorm for a while, don't think layouts and campus housing mix well!)

Thanks for the welcomes!

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Jan 19, 2002
Vernon Hills, Illinois
Visit site
Jon,
Went digging around my reference material, and the best I could find was a left rear 3/4 view of a G9, on a work train. Not enough of the loco to determine what changes needed to be made to the spectrum model.
Life Like has the Heritage series 0-8-0 in C&O # 362. I haven't been able to locate any pictures of the 3XX series, but suspect they had different tenders than the earlier versions.
Welcome to the gauge. If you do get a chance to operate on tyson's Nantahala Midland, I know you'll enjoy it. Excellent layout
Pete

Originally posted by sumpter250
Jon,
Went digging around my reference material, and the best I could find was a left rear 3/4 view of a G9, on a work train. Not enough of the loco to determine what changes needed to be made to the spectrum model.
Life Like has the Heritage series 0-8-0 in C&O # 362.
What?! LL is doing that model in N now!? Let me at it! :eek:

BTW, I have lots o pix of the G-consols, but I'm just not sure how much of a stickler for detail I want to be. It will at least take removing the sand dome and replacing it with a smaller one further forward. Then the side walkways don't look right.