Any interest in a Perry Rhodan Aglazar-class Battleship?

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Millenniumfalsehood, Dec 7, 2009.

1. Millenniumfalsehood

Millenniumfalsehood Active Member

Title says it all. I LOVE this design and want a kit for myself, but I want to know if anyone else would like a copy. Here's a pic along with a scratchbuilding article on how it was made:

[​IMG]

http://www.starshipmodeler.com/other/ms_al.htm

I thought it would be relatively easy, being nothing more than a couple of blimps with a greebled cross-bar in the middle. I want it to be 1:5000 scale, that is 27.87 inches long when finished.

(btw, I know I have, like, *a thousand* kits started, but one more can't hurt, right? :oops: )
  2. ekuth

ekuth Guest

Beats me WTF that is, but I'll take one! :thumb:
  3. Elliott

Elliott Senior Member

Don't know what a Perry whatzit is; looks intimidating and fearsome. I like it! Put me down for one. Also a 1:1 fully functional one for use in traffic and to enforce my will upon the world! MUAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! :twisted::twisted::p
  4. papaace

papaace New Member

Looks cool! Id like to see it:thumb:
  5. ThunderChild

ThunderChild Active Member

Elliott, I made the mistake of reading your post AND looking at your avatar at the same time!
    Now my nose burns from blowing cola out of it, and my keyboard is sticky... :D

- On a more serious note, I never seen this show before... I have seen some Revell Plastic Kits of Perry ships, but not this Cool looking blimp. Could be a fun build...
  6. sidewinder81777

sidewinder81777 Midnight Modeler

looks good to me!
  7. Elliott

Elliott Senior Member

You're quite welcome!
  8. Millenniumfalsehood

Thanks for the support, guys. Perry Rhodan is not a movie or TV series, though. It's a German book series which has an incredible following. I've been contacted about doing this ship as a possible official commercial kit sold by the Perry Rhodan Fan Zentrale in a limited run of 100 kits, so it won't be available here for free. However, I may be able to talk about a possible freebie in a much smaller scale (say, 1:20,000).

I'll let y'all know what happens there. In the mean-time, watch this space. :thumb:

Btw, before I can do anything else, I need to buy a new mouse. The old one is pushing up the daisies as it were. :rolleyes:
  9. ThunderChild

ThunderChild Active Member

Congrats and good luck MF! Hope it all works out!
    Luckily the mouse isn't that expensive...
  10. Millenniumfalsehood

Okay, found a mouse. :thumb: And on top of that I finished the model this afternoon:

[​IMG]

The 'cage' in the middle surrounds a greebled hull, so don't be alarmed at it's appearance. I'll get it unfolded tomorrow. :cool:

The stuff on the left and right are extra guns, btw. Since this is going to be released as a PDF and not a PDO, I decided to include a bunch of extra guns and antennas which can be positioned however the modeler wishes.

I'll also be doing photographic instructions, so there will be a build-up article here.
  11. grifco2000

grifco2000 Member

Most excellent! :mrgreen: A very complex looking model. This could look quite good next to other fleet models. Keep up the good work!!:wave:
  12. Marco Scheloske

Marco Scheloske Member

Well, Perry Rhodan is a german weekly novel series that runs for 49 yers (!) now...

The AGLAZAR called battleships are 3 km long ships, 100.000 years old, and flown by some "bad guys".

And they are supposed to look intimidating and fearsome, 'cause that`s the way those bad guys were ruling their galaxy until the made the mistake to attack mankind (and Perry Rhodan and his fellows...) :twisted:

By the way, I built the scratchbuilt ship from the first post. :wave:

Here some additional pictures:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  13. ekuth

ekuth Guest

Oooo! Very purty. Plastic though, I think?
  14. Marco Scheloske

Marco Scheloske Member

Yes, my original is plastic. Milleniumfalsehood`s one will be paper... I`m tuned how it will turn out!
  15. Millenniumfalsehood

I had to give this one a break for a bit; rearranging the textures on the model was enough to make me tired of looking at this thing. :oops:

I'll come back once it's had a chance to 'cool' for a bit. :thumb:
  16. Rakene

Rakene New Member

Excuse my ignorance, but what is that ship from?

I've never seen it before but it looks cool enough for me to take more looks lol.
  17. Marco Scheloske

Marco Scheloske Member

It is from the weekly german SF nove series "Perry Rhodan". That series runs for 49 years (!) now...

The AGLAZAR called battleships are 3 km long ships, 100.000 years old, and flown by some "bad guys".

They are supposed to look intimidating and fearsome, 'cause that`s the way those bad guys were ruling their galaxy... until the made the mistake to attack mankind (and Perry Rhodan and his fellows...) :twisted:
  18. mordrake69

mordrake69 mordrake69

that looks realy cool with the lights.
  19. Marco Scheloske

Marco Scheloske Member

Thanks! :wave:
  20. thokamous

thokamous New Member

looks interesting sign me up for one!!