Any Ideas on CP Paint scheme 60-70's

Kim Paynter

Dec 30, 2004
Edson AB Canada
I finaly got my first rolling stock so I could check out the trackwork on this layout I am building. I think it's from the 60's but anyways I was thinking one of you more experienced guys might know what the proper paint scheme would be for this boxcar I got it's a "50' PLUG DOOR BOX CAR 1264 Canadian Pac." from Roundhouse products

attachment.php

It has a metal base and I was thinking paint it flat black and there is also a few gaget things that go under it I think for the brakes, also it has a brake handle Looks like a stearing wheel and I'm not sure if they should be silver, black or yellow?

Any old CPR fans ??

Thanks
Kim

Attachments

• Set75_02.jpg
    Set75_02.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 68

Pooh Bah
Mar 25, 2002
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
Kim: the multimark symbol came out early to mid- 60s. Not sure about the boxcar design.
Because there is a roofwalk and a high brakewheel, there is an end date for the car around 1980 (where's my timeline?) when these items were outlawed.
The wheel is the brake wheel or hand brake wheel, used like the handbrake in a car. They were probably the same colour as the body, except where the paint wore off.
The underbody bits will be a dark grey to black after they've been in service a while. There are several variations on "dirty black" paint available.