any good online HS's?

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by bigsteel, Mar 13, 2007.

1. bigsteel

bigsteel Call me Mr.Tinkertrain

hey guys,I'm looking for a good online store for alot of scratchbuilding materials :confused: ,like corrugated siding ,stone work,brick,stripwood in such and other detail parts for my layout since just about everything will be scratchbuilt .I've seen alot of sites but they don't sell alot of scratch building stuff just actual cars and engines.thanks for any help.--josh :wave:
  2. Tommybza

Tommybza Member

You can give these guy's a try I get wood and foam board from them .Borden products , and some nice birch wood . misc. pipes, ect,
    www.utrecht.com they should have some stuff [ i hope you can see that address i cant ] dam color blind .
    good luck
    tommy
  3. jambo101

jambo101 Member

You could try a local costruction site for all kinds of various odds and ends..
  4. Pitchwife

Pitchwife Dreamer

If you click on the link in my signature and go to the Hobby Shop page you will find links to quite a few OLHSs. Many of them carry the things you are looking for.
  5. CapnTomDrums

CapnTomDrums New Member

Early this morning I was going through Pitchwife's hobby shop links, and forund the link for Valley Model Trains in NY. They had listed, an item that I have been searching for, nearly a year. I sent in an order this ,morning, and it was filled and shipped by mid-afternoon! Great service!
  6. Pitchwife

Pitchwife Dreamer

Glad to hear it CapnTom. It makes all the effort worthwhile. :thumb: :thumb:
  7. Torpedo

Torpedo Member

It's a great page of links, well worth bookmarking. :thumb:
  8. bigsteel

bigsteel Call me Mr.Tinkertrain

thanks guy's those are some great sites and ill try quite a few on pitchwife's sig.thanks--josh
  9. zedob

zedob Member

I can't help you with the wood, but if you need stonework, click on the link in my sig.