any atlas forum make it here yet

eric

Apr 5, 2001
pasadena, tx, USA.
Yeah, I came here. It's like a virtual mass migration. The powers that be "kicked" us out of our homeland and now we are all regrouping trying to find everyone. :) ...rather interesting to me.
Eric

caboosejumper

May 29, 2003
waterloo, iowa
home.mchsi.com
Hey now :confused: we need to find the rest of the flock :D I looked at the monitor in horor :curse: OHHH NO. well maybe we can start were we all left off as soon as we find all the other poor soles lost in cyberland.... :cry:

txcavgr

Jan 20, 2003
auburn, ME - SLR mile 29.34
Visit site
There are a few from the big board who hang around here from time to time, absnut is here as well. My "home" is railwire (which I co-mod with fulltritty) - a lot of folks have ended up there as well. There is also a temp atlas forum set up last shutdown but it appears to be going fairly slow.

A strange way to shut it down, but hopefully as folks find their way around they might find some interesting places to hang out!

OwenCPR

Dec 23, 2003
Okotoks, Calgary AB Canada
Visit site
Its funny to see all those from Atlas coming over. I originally started on Atlas about five years ago when the forum first got started (and I was still in New Zealand) but under a different user handle (can't even remember what it is now). Now in Canada for four years, I found the Gauge first and then "rediscovered" the Atlas forum which I lurked around on before "coming out"! I know that there are a lot of users that frequent numerous boards. I've found the above two - Atlas and the Gauge - both offer excellent but different perspectives. The Guage seems to have more of a Canadian content and subscribers (I model CP early diesel) which has provided me with a wealth of info. Atlas has more direct links and info on new releases and what is happening in the industry for obvious reasons. I think its great that the likes of Paul Graf and Paul Schmidt, as well as Scott Teague and others that you read or have read in MR talk to us little guys.

Either way, both are excellent forums that have provided me with a huge amount of prototype, modelling and humerous info with what I still think is such an excellent hobby! Oh, and the guys who help with questions and are genuinely nice about it - I can't thank you enough!

I will wait patiently until the Atlas forum re-emerges, and will continue to patronise both forums!!!! Just my two cents worth!