another Wal Mart find

liven_letdie

Mar 22, 2005
Turlock, CA
www.downthelinetrains.com
I also went to waly world last night and the only one i found was a VW bug with a charcoal camper like this one its too cool :thumb: I wish i would have found the bel air one though! Everytime i go i get every car they have because they are only $2 or so. I will have to keep a better eye out now!

Cory

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
For those disco ducks among us, they're carrying 1/87 vans, too, a '75 Dodge and a '75 Ford, both in two different schemes. Gonna hafta save up my lunch money for those:thumb:

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
Jun 18, 2002
Torrington, Ct.
I've noticed the Wal-Mart has been carring a lot of true HO scale vehicles. The one near my house sells the retail Norscot(not as well detailed as the collectible, but for $6.00?), Athearn(Yep..Couldn't beleive it my self) John Deere tractors, Winners Circle Nascar cars(I have three...What to do with them on the layout?)and the cars everyone(I bought one) is raving about. I think they started selling 1/87 scale "big rig" trucks too. There is no scale written on the package, but when I compared it to a 1/64th scale Nascar hauler, it was smaller. I'll have to get one and compare it to the Boley and Athearn trucks I have.

jim currie

Jun 29, 2003
arizona
Visit site
eightyeightfan1 said:
I think they started selling 1/87 scale "big rig" trucks too. There is no scale written on the package, but when I compared it to a 1/64th scale Nascar hauler, it was smaller. I'll have to get one and compare it to the Boley and Athearn trucks I have.

now i got to go to Walmart again :( what color is the package ?

jim currie

Jun 29, 2003
arizona
Visit site
jasbourre said:
JIM HELP

I have a friend thats the toy manager a Walmart, she may be able to help.
Do you still have the packaging? Would you be able to tell me who makes that Die Cast.

if you PM me your email address i will send you a scan of the box.

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
Jun 18, 2002
Torrington, Ct.
It comes in a clear plastic case, with a black display base.Like the one in the pic you posted Jim.
I think what happened was...The word got out(or someone's been reading posts here), that model railroaders look through the retail chains looking for cheap vehicles for their layouts.........
Thats my theory...i'm sticking to it!!!

jim currie

Jun 29, 2003
arizona
Visit site
sign1 sign1 sign1 ED

the maker of the cars is high speed inported by Malibu international the say on the box front Model Collection scale 1/87.

eightyeightfan1 said:
It comes in a clear plastic case, with a black display base.Like the one in the pic you posted Jim.
I think what happened was...The word got out(or someone's been reading posts here), that model railroaders look through the retail chains looking for cheap vehicles for their layouts.........
Thats my theory...i'm sticking to it!!!

santafewillie

Aug 4, 2002
era tx
Visit site
Visited my Wally World today and found five-packs of these Malibu cars for $7.97 each plus tax. Picked up four packs totaling twenty cars. Look real good. I got VW vans, Beetles, Carmen Ghias, Ford Thunderbirds, Firebirds, Bel-Aires, Corvettes, lots of different Porches, and Mercedes Benz's. The only one that doesn't fit my era (70's-early 90's) is the Dodge Viper, but who will know besides me? I'll go back next month. They had the car with trailer that Jim showed; I just didn't buy any this time. I'll be taking them apart to Dull-Cote them next weekend.

liven_letdie

Mar 22, 2005
Turlock, CA
Found these yesterday at Wally World the green one is a jaguar mk11 the white one is a jaguar xk120 the blue one is a ford taunus, the gold one is a 55 chevy bel air and the silver one is a VW bug, 2.50 a piece. They also had 1:144 scale tanks that were really nice for .75 each! :thumb:

Attachments

• tmpphpS2wRXc.jpg
    tmpphpS2wRXc.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 58

Jac's Lines

Jan 28, 2005
Rochester, NY
These cars are cool -- I picked up some of the five packs a couple of weeks ago.

I have one question, though: has anyone ever seen a camper being towed by a Jag in real life???:D:D:D

liven_letdie

Mar 22, 2005
Turlock, CA
When I was a kid my dad had an old E type that he had a trailer hitch on for his motorcycle. Hell of a thing to do to a really nice car. I doubt that the jags could handle a load any bigger than a motorcycle. His trailer was light enough that you could pick it straight up. Fun stuff :thumb:

Tayder

May 3, 2006
Makes me crazy! Small town Wally Worlds like ours don't carry anything even close to these. Whine, whine, whine...:cry: :cry: :cry: