Another Superb Space Shuttle Card model(s)

Discussion in 'Internet Finds' started by Hans Christian, Oct 27, 2006.

1. Hans Christian

Hans Christian Active Member

I'm gonna faint!!! First the shuttle, now the ISS!!!???

O---M---G!!!
  2. Hans Christian

I'm gonna faint!!! First the shuttle, now the ISS!!!???

O---M---G!!!
  3. Jim Krauzlis

Jim Krauzlis Active Member

Alfonso, this is quite an impressive accomplishment...I know it involved quite a bit of research and hard, long hours designing each model. I know I easily speak for many when I say "Thank You!"

Although I haven't built one of your shuttles yet, I have studied the models and printed out a few for building as soon as I clear off a few other projects I've had sitting around for too long. I am so looking forward to building one of your designs and am very grateful you've taken on this mission which truly benefits us all. The idea of a ISS coming as well, that is really excellent news. I must assume it's in the same scale, 1/144, as you are making both the payload/launch version as well as the in orbit/deployed versions.

I wish you all the very best!

Cheers!
    Jim
  4. Jim Krauzlis

Jim Krauzlis Active Member

Alfonso, this is quite an impressive accomplishment...I know it involved quite a bit of research and hard, long hours designing each model. I know I easily speak for many when I say "Thank You!"

Although I haven't built one of your shuttles yet, I have studied the models and printed out a few for building as soon as I clear off a few other projects I've had sitting around for too long. I am so looking forward to building one of your designs and am very grateful you've taken on this mission which truly benefits us all. The idea of a ISS coming as well, that is really excellent news. I must assume it's in the same scale, 1/144, as you are making both the payload/launch version as well as the in orbit/deployed versions.

I wish you all the very best!

Cheers!
    Jim
  5. AXM61

AXM61 Member

Hi Jim,

Thanks for your words.
    Yes, the ISS will be in the same 1:144 scale. The ISS is a very exciting project of my own and I have prepared myself for this one. As the real ISS-shuttle missions go, then I'll put the same payloads for download at the same time. I'll try to catch up fast by putting the models that are already up there.
    As you have said, this takes hours to design and a lot of research, indeed. But anyway, I enjoy what I'm doing.
    The shuttle orbiters are done, I'm almost finish with the stacks. The payloads will continue along with the real missions until 2010.
    I also have the MLP and Crawler coming in 2 months and now the ISS.
    I'm satisfied so far and very excited to designing these models for everybody.
    Take care and keep in touch.

Alfonso
  6. AXM61

AXM61 Member

Hi Jim,

Thanks for your words.
    Yes, the ISS will be in the same 1:144 scale. The ISS is a very exciting project of my own and I have prepared myself for this one. As the real ISS-shuttle missions go, then I'll put the same payloads for download at the same time. I'll try to catch up fast by putting the models that are already up there.
    As you have said, this takes hours to design and a lot of research, indeed. But anyway, I enjoy what I'm doing.
    The shuttle orbiters are done, I'm almost finish with the stacks. The payloads will continue along with the real missions until 2010.
    I also have the MLP and Crawler coming in 2 months and now the ISS.
    I'm satisfied so far and very excited to designing these models for everybody.
    Take care and keep in touch.

Alfonso
  7. Hans Christian

Oh boy, this is too overwhelming!!!

BTW, is your ISS, MLP, and Crawler gonna be distributed like the payloads? Or not? :twisted:

Hey, could somebody help this nice gentleman and design a launch umbilical tower for his shuttles (it doesnt need to be as complicated as the real thing, something like the one with the tabletop Saturn V on sir Jon Leslie's site will do), well since sir Carl and sir John is ongoing at their monumental work for their Moonport, I guess having a "Shuttle Port" would be nice!!!

Imagine, a KSC diorama... now that's a handful!!! But I guess shrinking the models to pint size may reduce things a little (But I want to try it :twisted: )
  8. Hans Christian

Oh boy, this is too overwhelming!!!

BTW, is your ISS, MLP, and Crawler gonna be distributed like the payloads? Or not? :twisted:

Hey, could somebody help this nice gentleman and design a launch umbilical tower for his shuttles (it doesnt need to be as complicated as the real thing, something like the one with the tabletop Saturn V on sir Jon Leslie's site will do), well since sir Carl and sir John is ongoing at their monumental work for their Moonport, I guess having a "Shuttle Port" would be nice!!!

Imagine, a KSC diorama... now that's a handful!!! But I guess shrinking the models to pint size may reduce things a little (But I want to try it :twisted: )
  9. AXM61

AXM61 Member

Hi Hans,

I'm glad you like what I plan to upload to my site soon.
    Regarding your question, the MLP and Crawler will be FREE of charge. Only the Payloads will be available via Paypal. The modules that did not require the Shuttle as their transport are the Zarya, Zvezda, Soyuz, Progress and Pirs module, these will be FREE. The rest will be given with the Shuttle payload models via Paypal. At the end, it will make a nice space station in 1:144 scale.
    I know Surfduke (Carl) is busy with his already wonderful MOONPORT project. Ask him and see what he says ;-)
    Keep in touch,

Alfonso
  10. Hans Christian

Oh I see!!! Um, just a question, is paypal the only way to send funds to you sir?

In about a year, I should be able to use my credit card online, so I was thinking if you can allow payment via credit card in the future... :-D

I'll ask sir Carl after he has some rest with his project!!! :-D
  11. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

Hans!!

Your KFC diorama sounds like a big temptation, my friend.

Who knows what the next months can bring... right Alfonso?
  12. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

milenio3

A KFC (Kentucky Fried Chicken) sounds good for me as well, I starving.
  13. Hans Christian

Yeah!!!

Maybe that's the time that space nuts like us try some microscale modeling!!! :twisted:
  14. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

O M G!!

Haha, what was I thinking???

I meant KSC!!

Anyway, some "chicken popcorn" are a good addition to the work bench, hehe!
  15. AXM61

AXM61 Member

Hi,

I'm happy to announce that the main objective of my website has been completed. All files to build ALL Shuttle missions and stack configurations are available now.
    It's interesting to see all the modifications not only for the Orbiters but for the External tank and Solid Rocket Boosters throughout all missions. Check the transition from the early ET's to the most current variant. Note the asymetrical position of the instafoam on STS-9 SRB's, note the transition of the SRB cones patterns, note how the ET's nosecap has changed and finally see how is the current External Tank version with no PAL ramps. All this and more.
    Now I'll concentrate on the shuttle payloads, and with this the payloads that will build my International Space Station.
    Months to come are going to be exciting....you'll have the files to build all 3 Mobile Launch Platforms and the Crawler. By the end of this year my ISS will reflect the current ISS configuration.
    Please spread the word about my website and enjoy building my models.

Alfonso
  16. Hans Christian

roger that! :-D
  17. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

Congratulations, Alfonso!!!

I think the year is full of projects now!

Thank you!
  18. AXM61

AXM61 Member

Special Thanks to Gerardo (milenio3),

I want to send an enormous THANK YOU to my friend and distinguished member of this group for the courtesy of arranging the display of my Shuttle models that he built at the "Space Murals Museum" in Las Cruces, New Mexico.
    These models I understand will also be displayed at the "Concorde Museum" in El Paso, Texas.
    I think this is a great example of spreading this beautiful hobby of ours to others and what a way doing it!
    I need everybody to congratulate Gerardo for the excellent skills he has as a cardmodeler and to be able to display models at museums.
    Gerardo, you are a TRUE FRIEND and I'm really honored by this.
    Thank you again,

Alfonso
  19. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

Thanks, Alfonso for the praises.

And now, the Space Shuttle Discovery on its Mission 41-D payload configuration.
    [​IMG]
    In this mission, the late Judy Resnik made her first flight. We all remember Judy as a crew member on the Challenger disaster.

The Solar Array was the first step to test solar energy in a more portable way.
    [​IMG]
    This model has removable parts: the solar array and the 3 satellites, along with the satellite covers.
    [​IMG]

More photos at my gallery: http://www.cardmodels.net/gallery/browseimages.php?c=79
  20. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member