Another Superb Space Shuttle Card model(s)

Discussion in 'Internet Finds' started by Hans Christian, Oct 27, 2006.

1. 72BMWR75/5

72BMWR75/5 Member

Enterprise

I got to see the Enterprise while it was still undergoing wind tunnel testing. I was on a school field trip. Dad was stationed at Beale AFB, home of the SR-71. I was in the 8th grade.
    It was so cool to be able to see that baby before the rest of the world saw her.
  2. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

CONGRATULATIONS BRUCE!!

That is awesome! I would like to see just one more time before they are retired in... OH OH only 4 years! I saw one here in El Paso, in an airshow back in the 80's, I can't remember which of the ships was tho'.
  3. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

4. LetterQ

LetterQ New Member

Are you going to update your reference images with STS-117?
    And also, is the Stack5 Rollout tank appropriate for this model?
  5. AXM61

AXM61 Member

Hi LetterQ,

Yes, based on the photos posted at NASA's website during the stacking of Shuttle and ET/SRB's in the VAB, the configuration is the same as for Atlantis STS-115. But I always wait for launch day because I have to enter the date in my Reference page, that's why I haven't updated the sheets. The same goes for the ET stack reference page. Let's wait a little bit more.
    Now, it would be nice if any of you guys build the Atlantis STS-117 in rollout colors. I already uploaded the file so go ahead and send me photos so I can post them at my site.

Alfonso
  6. AXM61

AXM61 Member

Sorry LetterQ, I didn't read your message clearly.
    The Stack5 Rollout ET that I posted in my site is in fact a "general" Rollout ET used for Stack 5 but not exactly for ALL the Stack5 missions. As you can see in my Reference pages, there are some missions on which the upper portion of the tank (ojive) differs with small light colored areas. If you see stack5 page, mission STS-116 had a little mark in the upper section of the tank. The new rust color file for STS-116 does show this little mark, but not the "general" rollout ET file.
    The stack5 rollout file posted will be good for any mission on which the ET has no small colored areas in the ojive.
    The same rule goes for my other rollout files for stacks 3 and 4.
    Hope this clarifies your question.
    Take care,

Alfonso
  7. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

Yes, in fact the rollout version should be a good item to add to this mission.
  8. LetterQ

LetterQ New Member

Thanks for the answers and the completeness of the answers. One or more of these shuttles is on my list to build, but it is a very long list and I build very slowly.

Thanks for all of your hard work in creating these wonderful paper models.
  9. airbob

airbob Member

Alfonso,
    Thanks for the site....your build of the Atlantis Shuttle is great....it is nice to have this level of detail in a reduced build....the finished product is most impressive!!! Bob out...
  10. AXM61

AXM61 Member

Hi again,

I am posting a new photo of my papermodel Shuttle Atlantis in rollout colors.
    The model does look very nice in these colors, eh?
    Check my site and download the files.
    Take care all,

Alfonso

Attached Files:

11. Clashster

Clashster Member

That is so cool! What a great picture! Took a couple of looks to believe your claim of paper model! Awesome angle! Thanks!

Chris
  12. Hans Christian

Hans Christian Active Member

Looks like its ready for launch!!!

Keep us updated sir!!! :-D
  13. jleslie48

jleslie48 Member

LOL!!! I did a double take on that pic as well!!! I thought it was the real thing!!

well done.
  14. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

Is there any way to put dents in the top of the tank, to simulate the hail damage from 2 weeks ago. Ment to be funny.
  15. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

Update Update!!! ALL THE SHUTTLES ARE READY!!!

Ladies and Gentlemen

It's an honor for me to announce that Sir Alfonso Moreno's AXM Space Shuttles are all in a COMPLETE COLLECTION!!!

Yes, you can find ALL the Space Shuttles missions on paper for you to download as you please.

Do you want to see how it looked the 3rd flight of the Endeavor... it's there. How about the 5th Columbia mission? It's there.

Do you want to build the Discovery? You have ALL the 9 modifications it went through in its history. So you can have 9 different Discoveries... unless you want to build the whole 32 Discovery missions!!! - with stack and all.

Today marks the 17th anniversary of the Discovery on its mission to put on space the Hubble Space Telescope... why not build it for such an occasion? It's there too! (STS-31).

And this is not THE END!!! Still to come: the payloads!!! Right now, there are 7 payloads for you to download and build.

Then the Mobile Launch Platform - The Crawler - it's on its way as a scale model too!!!!

This is all part of the largest project in space related scale models.

Thank you, Alfonso!!!

To Be Continued...

http://www.axmpaperspacescalemodels.com
  16. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

Update Update!!! ALL THE SHUTTLES ARE READY!!!

Ladies and Gentlemen

It's an honor for me to announce that Sir Alfonso Moreno's AXM Space Shuttles are all in a COMPLETE COLLECTION!!!

Yes, you can find ALL the Space Shuttles missions on paper for you to download as you please.

Do you want to see how it looked the 3rd flight of the Endeavor... it's there. How about the 5th Columbia mission? It's there.

Do you want to build the Discovery? You have ALL the 9 modifications it went through in its history. So you can have 9 different Discoveries... unless you want to build the whole 32 Discovery missions!!! - with stack and all.

Today marks the 17th anniversary of the Discovery on its mission to put on space the Hubble Space Telescope... why not build it for such an occasion? It's there too! (STS-31).

And this is not THE END!!! Still to come: the payloads!!! Right now, there are 7 payloads for you to download and build.

Then the Mobile Launch Platform - The Crawler - it's on its way as a scale model too!!!!

This is all part of the largest project in space related scale models.

Thank you, Alfonso!!!

To Be Continued...

http://www.axmpaperspacescalemodels.com
  17. Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett

Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett Active Member

Wow!

WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!!!!!

Carl
  18. Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett

Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett Active Member

Wow!

WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!!!!!

Carl
  19. AXM61

AXM61 Member

Gerardo,

Thanks again for the information you posted. I think you have said it all.
    I'm very happy to say that I'm close enough to complete one of the objectives of my website, which is to display ALL Space Shuttle missions.
    At this time all Orbiters are up. Next are the Stacks that go with them.
    Once all Stacks are uploaded into the website along with the respective "Cover pages" graphics, then the main objective is completed.
    As you all have noticed there is going to be the Mobile Launch Platform and Crawler, too. And to tell you a little about it there will be 3 (THREE) Mobile Launch Platforms just as the real ones, because every mission had used one of the 3 MLP's.
    The payloads will continue appearing but they will be available via Paypal, after I'll put 10 free payloads that are already listed on my home page. Among these payloads will be of course the ISS payloads which will open a separate subproject, the International Space Station. Each ISS payload will have 2 versions of it, one is the payload bay version (launch version) and the other is the "orbit" or "assembly" versions. The "assembly" versions will be used to BUILD my International Space Station papermodel version.
    I think you guys might say this is too good to be true, but it's been 6 months since I introduced my website to you all and as you can see very soon you will have ALL Shuttle missions since STS-1 through STS-117 to build in a complete shuttle-stack configuration.
    I'll keep you posted, please check my site for updates. Your comments are welcome.

Alfonso
  20. AXM61

AXM61 Member

Gerardo,

Thanks again for the information you posted. I think you have said it all.
    I'm very happy to say that I'm close enough to complete one of the objectives of my website, which is to display ALL Space Shuttle missions.
    At this time all Orbiters are up. Next are the Stacks that go with them.
    Once all Stacks are uploaded into the website along with the respective "Cover pages" graphics, then the main objective is completed.
    As you all have noticed there is going to be the Mobile Launch Platform and Crawler, too. And to tell you a little about it there will be 3 (THREE) Mobile Launch Platforms just as the real ones, because every mission had used one of the 3 MLP's.
    The payloads will continue appearing but they will be available via Paypal, after I'll put 10 free payloads that are already listed on my home page. Among these payloads will be of course the ISS payloads which will open a separate subproject, the International Space Station. Each ISS payload will have 2 versions of it, one is the payload bay version (launch version) and the other is the "orbit" or "assembly" versions. The "assembly" versions will be used to BUILD my International Space Station papermodel version.
    I think you guys might say this is too good to be true, but it's been 6 months since I introduced my website to you all and as you can see very soon you will have ALL Shuttle missions since STS-1 through STS-117 to build in a complete shuttle-stack configuration.
    I'll keep you posted, please check my site for updates. Your comments are welcome.

Alfonso