Another Superb Space Shuttle Card model(s)

Discussion in 'Internet Finds' started by Hans Christian, Oct 27, 2006.

1. Hans Christian

Hans Christian Active Member

http://www.axmpaperspacescalemodels.com/

This guy, Mr. Alfonso X. Moreno should be familiar to anyone here who is a member of either (or both) the yahoo space-modelers group and/or the space paper models group.

Take note!!! (To those who are very interested)

You can build ALL of the shuttles missions (specific) since 1981 from his site, it also icludes the individual payloads for each specific mission.

and for that, you can build the 5 operational orbiters, including their configurations since thier first flight.

Well, the models are still offline yet, most probably because he's still finalizing the shuttle kit files... but it will be put online for everyone soon

P.S.

He e-mailed me that he joined the forums but having problems getting the activation e-mail (along with other people who are also wanting to join)...

any ideas guys on how to solve their probs?
  2. Hans Christian

http://www.axmpaperspacescalemodels.com/

This guy, Mr. Alfonso X. Moreno should be familiar to anyone here who is a member of either (or both) the yahoo space-modelers group and/or the space paper models group.

Take note!!! (To those who are very interested)

You can build ALL of the shuttles missions (specific) since 1981 from his site, it also icludes the individual payloads for each specific mission.

and for that, you can build the 5 operational orbiters, including their configurations since thier first flight.

Well, the models are still offline yet, most probably because he's still finalizing the shuttle kit files... but it will be put online for everyone soon

P.S.

He e-mailed me that he joined the forums but having problems getting the activation e-mail (along with other people who are also wanting to join)...

any ideas guys on how to solve their probs?
  3. Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett

Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett Active Member

Thanks for the heads-up! I will be standing by for the grand opening.

Carl
  4. Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett

Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett Active Member

Thanks for the heads-up! I will be standing by for the grand opening.

Carl
  5. rickstef

rickstef Guest

Hans,

Give me their names which they registered with on this site, and I will check their status

Rick
  6. rickstef

rickstef Guest

Hans,

Give me their names which they registered with on this site, and I will check their status

Rick
  7. Hans Christian

um... I don't know any of the names...

he just told me on his e-mail that their activation e-mails haven't arrived yet...
  8. Hans Christian

um... I don't know any of the names...

he just told me on his e-mail that their activation e-mails haven't arrived yet...
  9. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

I sure hope this guy has a really beefed up server and the bandwidth to handle the guaranteed onslaught of a plethora of downloaders which are sure to show up enmasse!
    In other words, I hope I can get my copies before the system overheats and shuts down! :twisted:
    That's an awesome collection he has there!

Russell
  10. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

I sure hope this guy has a really beefed up server and the bandwidth to handle the guaranteed onslaught of a plethora of downloaders which are sure to show up enmasse!
    In other words, I hope I can get my copies before the system overheats and shuts down! :twisted:
    That's an awesome collection he has there!

Russell
  11. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

AXM Paper Scale Space Models

Thanks, Hans Christian, for keeping an eye open out there in space!

Judging from this page of the prototype models: http://www.axmpaperspacescalemodels.com/Gallery.html these models do seem A LOT simpler than Fortezza´s shuttle models (look especially at the OMS pods) and the scale is only 1:144.
    However, it´s an impressive feat to cover ALL space shuttle missions, there is an optional CARGO BAY INTERIOR in each model, and there is a STACK with the SRB boosters and the External Tank IN THE SAME SCALE!

And the REFERENCE page (made with the help of Mike Mackowski´s excellent Space In Miniature modeling book #3 on the Space Shuttle) is a veritable gold mine of information - check out this detailed page of the last configuration of the "Columbia" at the time of the re-entry disaster: http://www.axmpaperspacescalemodels.com/images/collast.gif Note especially the top of the tail fin.
    Impressive, to say the least.

It seems we have quite a lot to expect from this excellent site.

Best regards,
    Bengt :roll:
  12. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

AXM Paper Scale Space Models

Thanks, Hans Christian, for keeping an eye open out there in space!

Judging from this page of the prototype models: http://www.axmpaperspacescalemodels.com/Gallery.html these models do seem A LOT simpler than Fortezza´s shuttle models (look especially at the OMS pods) and the scale is only 1:144.
    However, it´s an impressive feat to cover ALL space shuttle missions, there is an optional CARGO BAY INTERIOR in each model, and there is a STACK with the SRB boosters and the External Tank IN THE SAME SCALE!

And the REFERENCE page (made with the help of Mike Mackowski´s excellent Space In Miniature modeling book #3 on the Space Shuttle) is a veritable gold mine of information - check out this detailed page of the last configuration of the "Columbia" at the time of the re-entry disaster: http://www.axmpaperspacescalemodels.com/images/collast.gif Note especially the top of the tail fin.
    Impressive, to say the least.

It seems we have quite a lot to expect from this excellent site.

Best regards,
    Bengt :roll:
  13. Hans Christian

Those refs first appeared in the files of the yahoo space-modelers group, and it has been my main reference for the shuttle ever since.

He made references for each & every configuration the 5 orbiters underwent since their first flight, and the same goes with the extrenal tank & boosters, in order to for him to tell the differences to everyone.

And with his models, he's going to take that concept 10 steps further. :-D

I guess living near KSC really helps... :-D
  14. AXM61

AXM61 Member

AXM Paper Space Scale Models

Hi,

My special thanks to Hans Christian for starting this thread about my site.
    I know since the start of planning my website was going to be a real challenge.
    But finally I have made the last fixes and the day for release of the first Shuttle files will be Monday the 6th ( My daughter's birthday. I guess it will be a very special day). The models will be the Maiden flights of all orbiters with their stack configurations. The models that follow are the Lost orbiters and all Return to Flight models.
    At the present time I'm building these 5 models to be shown in the gallery page of my site. I didn't want to put the files without their photos.
    After that, the rest of the stacks will be released much quicker.
    Now, for the payloads I'll make FREE payloads for the Maiden Flights as well as for all Return to Flights models.
    Then the real challenge begins for me when building the rest of the payloads for all missions.
    So, be patient please.
    The main reason why I did this site was because of the frustration of not finding such information in the Internet. I'm the only one, I'm the designer, I'm the one who cuts every little piece, the one who assembles everything and the one who updates the website. And of course, my family and work. So you can imagine.

Guys, I need your feedback, and all your comments are welcome.
    Thanks for everybody for their good comments so far.

Alfonso
  15. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

Hurray for you Alfonso!!
    NASA should keep a link to your site now!
    I'm always looking for this kind of reference, and now we have you here in the forum. Welcome and a BIG THANK YOU for your hard work.
    I guess it would be great a continue of this thread with a gallery of your models built by some of us.

What is AXM stands for?
  16. AXM61

AXM61 Member

Hi Milenio3,

AXM are my initials (Alfonso Xavier Moreno).
    Thanks for your words. Yes, that's what this thread is about. Everybody can discuss about my models and can put photos of my models, too.
    Take care,

Alfonso
  17. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

Welcome to the Forum, Alfonso!

It´s great to have someone with a thorough knowledge of the space shuttles here.
    And, what I´ve seen so far of your site looks very promising - I´ll be ready with some free HD space on the 6th!
    Thank you for your design work and for bringing us all these 10 models for free - I´m sure this will generate an interest in modelling all the different missions with the proper stacks and orbiters.

Very best regards,
    Bengt :grin:
  18. AXM61

AXM61 Member

Hi Bengt,

I don't consider myself an expert in Space Shuttles, but I thank you for your words.
    With the release of these first 10 models everybody will have a clear picture of how all STS Stack configurations look like. (Just wait to see the changes in the ET)......only one of several changes.
    I think everybody will enjoy, the same way I enjoy making them.

Take care,

Alfonso
  19. Jaybats

Jaybats Member

Excellent site, Alfonso! I wish I could get down to such detail as you have on your prospective model.

Could I request a paint-job and configuration for your consideration?

MOONRAKER. Both Drax's Moonraker shuttle and the funky US space cavalry-carrying shuttles.

If you have the time, of course! Cheers!
  20. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

I must be an moron. I cant for the life of me find any downloads there. Am I totally missing the complete and utter obvious?
    Chris