Another Southern Rwy. sighting

NCAndy

Aug 4, 2004
Home of the NC AppleFest
This little gem was parked by the Hendersonville, NC depot for the weekend. Every year NS parks a locomotive here during the Apple Festival. I'd say they made a good choice this year. I shot this today (along with many others) as Frances dispersed her watery gifts. (well, 6" as of an hour ago and the creeks is risin' here in the NC hills, not exactly the gift I was looking for)

I still think this is one of the best looking paint schemes on any modern locomotive.

Hope y'all enjoy the picture.

Andy

Attachments

• sou4610.jpg
    sou4610.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 111

Chessie6459

Gauge Oldtimer
Southern 4610 just had a brand new paint job before being sent down there. I had seen a photo of it before i got back on here and the webmaster of the website said it was a brand new paint job and you can clearly see it is. Great Picture by the way :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

SAL Comet

May 13, 2004
N.W. Georgia
Ha Andy, Thanks for the picture, I agree the Southern green was really nice. Thanks to NS for keeping it alive. I was in Hendersonville a few weeks back, I hate I missed seeing that. Mabye they'll send it to Atlanta.

NCAndy

Aug 4, 2004
Home of the NC AppleFest
Looks even better in the sun

Got some more pics today in some beautiful September sunshine.

Gavin, Athearn does indeed make (or made) a model of this particular loco. I have one so I know they exist. If you are interested in a cd of the pics, let me know. There are about 20 or so shots.

I'm wondering if NS can even get down here to snag this guy as the flooding in Asheville is very close to the yard up there.

Andy

Attachments

• sou4610sunny.JPG
    sou4610sunny.JPG
    51.5 KB · Views: 77