Another Project nearly finished.

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
I have been at it again all week making this scratchbuilt structure. The reason I have had nearly all week at it, was the fact that my railroad room was full of furniture whilst my Son David's - Lady friend came over for the week, so I have been stuck down stairs on the table making this.
As will be seen, I first draw it out on the computer then make it up.

Attachments

• scratcha.jpg
    scratcha.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 75

justind

Jul 8, 2001
Provo, UT, USA
What program?

What program are you drawing those plans up in? I assume it is something that lets you specify the dimensions like a CAD program..?
Out of curiosity is there a building you have not been able to build?

billk

Jun 12, 2001
Marion, IA, USA
Shamus - About the roof?

Shamus - Could you share your technique for getting the sag into that wonderfully decrepit roof?
Bill

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
Shamus once again you have created an impressive addition to Badger Creek. Scratchbuilding allows you to build structures that there are no kits for and you add the amount of detail that suits you. Keep it up, it gets my juices flowing to get more done on the MAT.

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Hi guys, thanks for the kind remarks, I made the sagging roof by first of all cutting two pieces of card as per photo and gluing them together. Then when it was in place I put the shingles on.

Shamus

Attachments

• t3.jpg
    t3.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 44

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Hi guys, thanks for the kind remarks, I made the sagging roof by first of all cutting two pieces of card as per photo and gluing them together. Then when it was in place I put the shingles on.

Justin
I use Freehand9 for all my drawing work even my trackplans.

Shamus

Attachments

• t3.jpg
    t3.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 44