another potntial project

N

nachoman

While browsing the LHS today, I noticed the bachmann "Jupiter" has a superstucture that is very simiar to the engine in the attached photo. The size of the bachmann model looks like it would look good as an HOn3 2-6-0, if a new mechanism could be constructed. Actually, this coronado RR loco looks nearly identical to a FED spartan 2-6-0 model - but I don't have the money for brass. I've estimated the driver diamiter of this engine to be around 45" based upon the train crew standing in front. a simple 2-6-0 chasis should be relatively easy to construct - if I can find 45" drivers. Anybody know of a source for these?

kevin

Attachments

• 2-6-0.jpg
    2-6-0.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 34

JBBVry

Go on ebay The FED 2-6-0's come up there alot, you can get one for around $200. I se them on there all the time.

N

nachoman

Yeah, 200$ aint that much, considering brass prices, but bashing something would be a whole lot funner :) I love wandering around swap meets looking for bargain junkers to play with. A cheap Jupiter from a junk box, some detail parts and a motor from my scrap box... yep, I can picture it coming together already!