Another Picture From The Four Sisters Branch

Drew1125

The E. V. Maupin Co. is expanding...
Cobbled this one together from Walthers papaer mill, & a coal mine.
BTW - The 3 small silos started out as little water vials that come on the ends of cut roses from the florists.

Attachments

• mvc-010s.jpg
    mvc-010s.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 120

Tyson Rayles

Looking good Charlie!:D Any idea how much that new camera would cost if one doesn't have as nice and understanding a wife as you have?

Drew1125

Hi Tyson!
My wife found it on sale for $339.00 at Meijer's.
It's a Sony Mavica FD73. That 10x zoom is really nice, it makes this tiny RR of mine seem a lot bigger than it really is!
BTW - with all due respect, my wife's understanding nature might be tempered a little bit by the fact that it's a JOINT checking account! :D

upguy

Oregon Western Lines, CEO
Aren't these digital cameras fun to own! The Gauge really makes it easy to post, too. The attachment feature can't be beat! I also have a Sony. I really like the fact that it has the disc that pops out and right into my computer with no messing around. You got a good deal on the camera. I think I paid about $100.00 more than that, but I have had mine for a while. Prices tend to drift downward after items are first introduced.

Keep posting. Great job on the chemical plant, by the way. :D

Drew1125

You're absolutely right, upguy!
Aint technology great?
Who would've thought 10 or 15 years ago, that we would be able, at the press of a button, (or click of a "mouse") be able to share our problems, ideas & workmanship with our fellow modelers from all over the world? It's like getting to go to a club meeting anytime you want, 24 hrs. a day, & you never have to leave the house!
So much of what I'm doing in the hobby now, has been inspired, or learned directly from my friends here at the gauge! For me, this forum is the best thing on the internet! Everyone is so friendly, here, & always ready to help! I've run into some real anger, & snobbery on some other train forums, but that's always pleasantly absent here. There's enough of that in the real world, anyway, we don't need it in our hobby!
Anyway, thanks again for the encouragement, & I'm looking forward to seeing more of your work too! It's always nice to see what another N scaler is doing! :)

Tyson Rayles

Charlie you had me ready to get remarried till you got to the part about the joint checking account!:D You are right about the Gauge not having the it's my way or it's wrong crowd here, which is why I hardly ever even check the other Forums anymore. This is a hobby, I get enough stress at work! It's also nice that pictures of anybody's work can posted.Well I better get back on that tobacco farm:p